Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question regarding my refusal and appeal  (Read 1204 times)

• Liked: 0
Question regarding my refusal and appeal
« on: September 24, 2008, 08:25:10 AM »
Hey, i just recently turned 18 and flew into the heathrow airport in london to study a semester in a sixth form college that i was accepted in, i was told i didnt even need a visa but when i got there i was detained and sent back to the US and told that i do in fact need one because they didnt believe (even tho i had a letter stating it) that i would only be there for the one semester.

After all of that had happened I applied for my visa and after 2 weeks of sitting and waiting i found out it was denied based on the fact they didnt like the letter i provided from the school, and they also thought i didnt intend to leave after the one semester based on what happened in heathrow. They told me that i should appeal and send aquire and send in a new letter fom the school along with the appeal, and the info for my return flight to the us in Dec. and that the appeal process would only take up to 48 hours, and im a little worried because every where i look people say the appeal process will take a few months. So anyways my question is do you think it will only take 48 hours like they stated and what are my chances the the refusal will be overturned.

Thank you

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Question regarding my refusal and appeal
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 10:37:31 AM »
We need exact reasons for refusal, for both times.

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 03:43:21 PM »
I was refused at heathrow simply because i didnt have my visa and they thought i intended to study in the UK for a year, which isnt true i am only there for 4 months.

My visa was denied because the letter from the school i sent them didnt have the words "unconditionaly accepted" so they dont think i have a course of study, and also because they dont think i intend to leave the UK after my course of study.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »
you actually need to scan it in or give a full rendering.  Synopsis won't cut it.

• Liked: 70
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:50:11 PM »
The wording for refusals is very particular.  In order for the experts, Victoria or Garry, to tell you anything about it they will need the exact wording.  You can black out the pesonal details and scan it or type it, word for word, for people's input.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »
Yes, Larissa. 

Essentially it needs to get compared to the formulae to see variances where various words or terms were substituted or inserted or removed.  Also the order in which the objections were stated, and particularly any preamble to the grounds.  Also the use of any charged words or terms.

Since that is what *THEY* will be looking for and reading when they evaluate the refusal against future applications, then it behooves *US* to look at it too so as to know what *THEY* will be thinking. 

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 10:33:05 PM »
You wish to stuy in the UK at Minster College. In support of this you have submitted a faxed copy of a letter from study abroad UK. Howerver, you have failed to provide an unconditional letter of acceptance from theMinister College. I am therefore not satisfied you have been accepted for a course of study, or a period of reasearch, which is to be provided by or undertaken at an organisation which is included on the register of Education and Training Providers.

Moreover, you were refused entry to the UK on the August 25 2008 at london Heathrow as you did not hold the mandatory entry clearance to study in the UK for a period of six months or more. Nor were you able to tell the immigration officer where you were going to study. The immigration officer contacted your girl friend Rebecca who stated that you would like to study in the UK for one year with the intention of settlement. Against this background and the fact that you have not provided a letter of unconditional acceptance with you current application, i am not satisfied you intend to follow a recognised course of study in the UK or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your proposed studies.

Is what it said, they called me today and questioned me on when i plan to leave and if i was still with my girlfriend who currently lives in the UK.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 10:39:24 PM by CharlesJReger »

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 01:10:39 AM »
Just got a call from the LA consolate and my appeal was approved and she over turned my denial! yay  ;D

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 04:49:59 AM »
Oh I'm so happy for you!   :D 

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 08:09:32 AM »
You wish to stuy in the UK at Minster College. In support of this you have submitted a faxed copy of a letter from study abroad UK. Howerver, you have failed to provide an unconditional letter of acceptance from theMinister College. I am therefore not satisfied you have been accepted for a course of study, or a period of reasearch, which is to be provided by or undertaken at an organisation which is included on the register of Education and Training Providers.

Moreover, you were refused entry to the UK on the August 25 2008 at london Heathrow as you did not hold the mandatory entry clearance to study in the UK for a period of six months or more. Nor were you able to tell the immigration officer where you were going to study. The immigration officer contacted your girl friend Rebecca who stated that you would like to study in the UK for one year with the intention of settlement. Against this background and the fact that you have not provided a letter of unconditional acceptance with you current application, i am not satisfied you intend to follow a recognised course of study in the UK or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your proposed studies.

This is fine.  Should be a breeze.

• I love you like a fat kid loves cake!
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 09:15:57 AM »
Just got a call from the LA consolate and my appeal was approved and she over turned my denial! yay  ;D

great news
Sharon-UK

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 12:18:19 PM »
right on!!! it's so nice when things work out isn't it  ;) have fun learning  ;D
7/28/08 - Online Visa App. Completed [smiley=computer.gif]
8/20/08 - Biometric Apt. (Sup. Docs Mailed)  [smiley=smug2.gif]
8/25/08 - LA Consulate, App. & Docs Received  ;D
9/04/08 - 2 Emails: 5 & 10 days wait notice  [smiley=confused.gif]
9/18/08 - 1 Email: 12 weeks wait notice  [smiley=puke.gif]
9/21/08 - Consulate phoned to ask departure (said Oct. 24th) [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
9/22/08 - @8:51AM VISA APPROVED OMG!!! [smiley=hug.gif]
10/25/08 Land in England!!![smiley=laugh4.gif] )
1/03/09 - Tentative wedding date

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 05:29:47 PM »
Hmm im not sure if i should be worried, i called the LA consolate again today to see if it all went through, she said she approved it and everything but it still has to go through the manager, or atleast thats what i think he is i dont remember what that persons title is exactly.

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 08:30:15 PM »
wow.

this site is coooolllll!!!!!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab