Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Second passport and biometrics (FLR(M))  (Read 523 times)

• Liked: 0
Second passport and biometrics (FLR(M))
« on: September 25, 2008, 03:26:18 PM »
So, thanks to the advice on this site we sent off a request for an extension of FLR(M) before my wife's initial two year visa expired on the 16th August. Got a letter confirming receipt, but nothing else since then.

We just had a baby on the 6th and would like to get his passport sorted as I'm due to speak at a conference in the middle east on the 20th. I have a second passport, but can american mom apply for a second passport and use that to travel while she's awaiting the decision of the visa? What is her current immigration status?

Additionally, we haven't heard anything about arranging an appointment for the biometrics, do we do this after we have received the visa?

Re: Second passport and biometrics (FLR(M))
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 03:31:18 PM »
don't know about the second passport, but your wife won't have to submit biometrics as she didn't apply in person at Croydon.

edit: also, her current immigration status is that she's still considered to be here legally as a spouse since you sent in the application before her status expired.  I'm pretty sure she will not be able to travel out of the country while her FLR(M) is processing though, second passport or not.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:38:03 PM by springhaze »
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 03:51:24 PM »
Absolutely right.  If she leaves the UK, her application is considered withdrawn.

Vicky

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 03:54:18 PM »
Thank you kindly, lets hope it arrives in the next few weeks then :-\\\\

Any thoughts on the biometrics? The current website application form says we do not need to have them unless we apply in person, but I'm sure this wasn't the case on the 16th (we live in one of those postcode areas) - does the visa get decided and sent back to us and then we have to go and get the biometrics done, or is the visa contingent on this (ie we can't travel until the biometrics are done)?

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 04:07:49 PM »
The biometrics pilot for postal applications in London postcode areas ended on 25 July.  As I said, you don't need to worry about it (since you sent your application in after that date.)
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 04:09:36 PM »
Thanks, I was concerned as we had to tick the applying for biometrics box on the application (application form changed on the 18th, which was annoying for the 6 mail item thing!).

Sponsored Links