Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa questions...  (Read 507 times)

• Liked: 0
Fiance Visa questions...
« on: October 07, 2008, 08:31:58 PM »
Hi all:

My fiance lives is a UK citizen, and I am preparing to apply for a fiance visa. Is it  an absolutely necessary to include bank statements if we have everything else in order, that is pay stubs, employment contract (hers), letters from current bosses, etc? Has anyone had success this way?

Also, should I include my CV? Thanks to all that answer.

Re: Fiance Visa questions...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 09:02:50 PM »
Interesting question!

Technically, there is nothing in the corpus of UK immigration law that mentions bank statements.  Nowhere.  It says the couple must maintain themselves without recourse to public funds.  The same thing goes for any statutory instruments enacted to comply with EU regulations. 

Technically, your answer is no.

Others will comment on the practical aspects of such a strategy...  ;)

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:06:04 PM »
I didn't provide bank statements, out of ignorance actually- we had no savings in the bank so didn't see the benefit of providing them. I had employment letters - I had no problem..but maybe just got lucky.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 10:10:51 PM »
It might not be required, but when you apply you will get a confirmation email with a list of things you need to send in as supporting documents. It does state "* evidence of funds available to you, in the form of detailed bank statements covering at least the last three months"

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 11:02:39 PM »
Ashy and Gary are right, you need to demonstrate how you are going to support yourself without access to public funds.  If you feel you can do that without bank statements, you might get your fiancé visa.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 11:49:37 PM »
I would never make an application without bank statements.  Your sponsor may earn £25k per year, but unless there are statements, the ECO could suggest that his expenditure is £35k per year and refuse.   You need to prove this is not the case.

Vicky

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »
Thank you all. In conjunction with everything else on this site, the best practice is to send them, so send them we will.

T

Sponsored Links