Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Still waiting for that elusive ILR  (Read 3757 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Still waiting for that elusive ILR
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 10:36:42 AM »
That is so annoying. My gut feeling that it might have been delivered and the slip vanished. Is there any way you can go to your mail depot and ask if they can have a look for it? I know we've gone down to collect a parcel before, and they have also had another parcel of ours which had been sitting for weeks, and we never got a notice. Not sure if they would be willing to hunt around for it, but maybe it's worth a chance.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 11:27:31 AM »
Phone again and speak to someone new.  They are allowed to tell you if a decision has been made or not.

Vicky

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 12:45:40 PM »
Hi, I just found this website after searching for the phone number for the inquiries office.  I too am waiting for my ILR to come back.  The operator I spoke with was quick to ask me when I submitted my application, I told her 9/9/8 and she said she couldn't give me any information regarding my applications status.

I informed her that I didn't want to know the status...I just want to know if they have posted anything back to me yet.  At that point she was very helpful and took my recorded mail number and verified my name and date of birth.  And I got the reply I was looking for...it has not been mailed out.  I hope it comes soon though...I really want to find a new job but this document is holding me back! GRRRR!

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 12:36:31 PM »
Same here, can't start on my new job until I get my passport back!  8 weeks now ..

Called UKBA today to ask if any document has been posted to me, the first person I spoke to flatly refused to say anything until 14 weeks have elapsed.  I then rang the general enquiries line and got through to some nice guy who told me that nothing has been posted.  Looks like it's going to be a long long long wait ...

• Mmmm...beer
    • My Blog
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 02:12:11 PM »
Just a bump to whinge and say I've still not heard anything.

I phoned again today and was once again told that they can't tell me anything until 14 weeks has passed. This woman wouldn't even confirm the right address or tell me if anything at all had been posted. So I guess I just have to wait till next week at which point it will be the full 14 weeks and hopefully they can tell me a little more.

Does anyone know if it reaches this point, how much they'll actually tell you? Like, if there is a problem, will they let me know what the hold up is or will I just get some line about it still being assessed?
I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2008, 09:15:45 PM »
When I called, I found the "General Enquiries" extension (option 1) a lot more helpful than the "Progress of Application" extension (option 2).  Have you tried calling the first extension just to ask if anything has been posted to you?  They told me when I called.

Let us know what happens, hope you get your ILR soon.  I don't understand the massive delay in processing applications, a lot of people I know have already waited more than 10 weeks and haven't heard anything.

• Mmmm...beer
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2008, 11:06:44 AM »
When I called, I found the "General Enquiries" extension (option 1) a lot more helpful than the "Progress of Application" extension (option 2).  Have you tried calling the first extension just to ask if anything has been posted to you?  They told me when I called.

Let us know what happens, hope you get your ILR soon.  I don't understand the massive delay in processing applications, a lot of people I know have already waited more than 10 weeks and haven't heard anything.

Thanks for the tip. I phoned the general enquiries this morning, but unfortunately was told nothing had been sent out to me. Just have to wait it out I guess.
I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2008, 11:14:15 AM »
At least you know it hasn't been sent and lost!

Vicky

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 02:22:29 PM »
Update: I sent my ILR Form M in on Sept 9 or 10 and got it back on Nov. 8.  Only problem is I used the wrong form.  My form was from the UK Borders Website but I used the 02/08 version and not the 08/08.  They have asked me to fill in the proper form and mail it back to them...

Next question is will I then be at the back of the line again?  If anyone has had a similar experience please let me know your experience. Ta.

• The official blog
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 06:06:23 PM »
I am new to this forum, but thought I would post my own data point.

15 Sep: posted SET(M) application
16 Sep: credit card charged, acknowledgment mailed
24 Sep: I got invited to speak at a conference on 7 Nov
early Oct: My husband got asked to undertake work travel
mid Oct: I found this forum and discovered to my horror that the "aim to process 70% of apps within 4 weeks" did not reflect reality for either FLR or ILR
23 Oct: My husband sends a letter to the Home Office, as advised by general enquiries line, with letters of support from his employer & my conference, asking very politely if anything can be done to expedite matters.  Nothing is heard until...
5 Nov: Eight hours after I've concluded that I will miss the conference, the Special Delivery registers as on its way

And of course the Special Delivery was late, which caused its own set of problems.  I ended up travelling on a second passport I'd acquired from the US embassy (on the same basis of urgent unexpected travel) but waiting to hear from my husband that the visa was really there before getting on the plane.

So that's 7.5 weeks for me, with a "pretty please" letter that must have worked.

Sponsored Links