Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Confirmed: Biometrics System Failure  (Read 3983 times)

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Confirmed: Biometrics System Failure
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 06:36:40 PM »
Note:  They have NOT provided scripts on it so far.  Repeat:  NO SCRIPTS, so don't be a mug and waste your 12 dollars or whatever it is.  Got it?  Again, NO SCRIPTS.

In laymen's terms, this means they have no official story, so whatever they may tell you about it being fixed or not fixed will be their opinion which is just about as informed as whatever opinion you may have yourself, so don't waste your money trying to get an "official response".
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »
Here is today's update.

Today I called UKBA, FCO, a courier firm and CSC (software firm behind Worldbridge).

This is how I got on:

I spoke to an entry level staffer and a superviser at UKBA. They were in the mould of public sector staff who threaten to cut you off and report you if you raise your voice or talk over them. The repeated message was that there is no central UKBA switchboard or department within UKBA that can deal with any queries regarding this situation. Despite making it very clear that the problems are occurring in London and that I had been expressly told to contact UKBA by a line manager at the BCG in Chicago, UKBA told me to speak to the BCG in Chicago. With or without a phone number. The second suggestion was to call the FCO on: 0(+44) 207 008 1500.

So I called the FCO who have no knowledge of this and insisted that I call the BCG in Chicago. Again, with or without a phone number. I was asked to call again tomorrow. Presumably so a prepared statement can be read out before I am disconnected. Laughably the staffer I spoke to (after some brow beating) offered to give me the email of 'someone quite senior in the FCO.' When I asked who, she said David Miliband. Someone quite senior indeed, but I doubt if the British Foreign Secretary will be reading my email let alone dealing with it before Christmas.

I do have a switchboard number for the British Home Office though 0(+44) 207 0345 4848 given to me by UKBA.

Below is the response from Worldbridge to my carefully tailored complaint with specific questions requiring an answer. As you can see their response was less than specific. This is in fact the generic reply they are making to all queries about the biometric servers. I also phoned CSC (software firm behind Worldbridge), the switchboard know nothing of this and the helpdesk were out of hours. So, until tomorrow. Their number is
0(+44) 1252 534 000

---

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for contacting WorldBridge Service, UKvisas’ commercial partner. We appreciate your patience regarding the response to your enquiry as WorldBridge strives to provide the most accurate responses to all enquiries. Below you will find the response to that enquiry.

There was a global technical issue, and it is now resolved. Posts' processing was delayed because of it, but Posts are now working to catch up. Everything is now ok, and please be patient, applications are now being processed as normal.

Thank you again for contacting WorldBridge.

Very sincerely yours,

WorldBridge Service

---

Lastly I called the courier firm who, as you can imagine, were overjoyed to hear from me. They have been told by the BCG in Chicago that it is 'illegal' to post any communication on the FCO website regarding the biometric system failure. Hence their information blackout. Furthermore the BCG in Chicago is 'not permitted' to write emails to applicants informing them of the situation. This second part at least ties in with garry's comments on the ring fencing of consular and embassy staff regarding communication.

I am considering calling the BCG in Chicago again later today. Simply because evey Tom, Dick and Harry in the UK is telling me to.

In the meantime here's me venting some bile on the FCO blogspot: newcomer link: http://blogs.fco.gov.uk/roller/pryce/entry/the_listening_project [nonactive]

And coming soon:

newcomer link: http://blogs.fco.gov.uk/roller/hale/entry/digital_diplomacy_what_s_that [nonactive]

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 07:03:38 PM »
I think it may be your luck 0phinky.

I'll take it -- but it is definitely a bummer for everyone else still waiting.  

Garry -- I'll check the entry clearance and post when my docs arrive tomorrow.  Where should I look for the no bio endorsement?  I'm looking at a scan of my husband's entry clearance (processed months ago) and I'm not sure where I should be looking or if mine will even look similar to his.

Thanks!

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 08:28:13 PM »
Garry -- I'll check the entry clearance and post when my docs arrive tomorrow.  Where should I look for the no bio endorsement?

I don't know.  Haven't seen one.  You'll have to tell us (if you have one, that is).  I suspect it would not be radically different from the KOL endorsement. 

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »
Just received the "your visa has been issued." email!!!!!!!!!!   Things seem to be up and running again!  Sorry but I'm over the moon right now!!!!!!!!   Thank you to everyone here, so very, very much! [smiley=hug.gif]

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2008, 05:43:14 PM »
Not sure if this helps anyone (other than me, of course), but I JUST received an email saying my visa was issued.

Paperwork went to NY consulate on Friday 10/17 via courier and the email arrived 20 mins ago.

Either they're flowing again or I just got really lucky.  Hopefully, it's the former and folks can breathe a bit more easily.

I went there again today with a letter from my friends doctor stating her condition was severe, and he supported my visit. They would not see me, the security guard took the letter up and said I had to wait.  The NYC consulate received my application on Oct 2nd, this is just nuts.  I am so depressed dont know what to do.

• daveavenue
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 05:45:12 PM »
I think everything is up and running- i just now received an email confirming that Chicago had received my information and that it should be processed within 3 business days! My biometrics were done on 16-Oct.
The economy fell apart. Then we moved to Brighton. Disappointing- yes. Any regrets? No. I am interested in meeting Sussex people and any other souls that have a shared mission of getting to know the rest of the world better. My Blog: daveavenue.

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 05:48:14 PM »
London4me - I can't remember your history, when and where did you apply? (Did you use abriggs?)

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2008, 05:54:56 PM »
Yes, here is my history: 

Biometrics Oct. 10
Went to A. Briggs Oct. 13
Application delivered to Consulate Oct. 15
Visa approved today! Oct. 23

I would highly recommend A. Briggs -- expensive at $165.  However, they called me every day and are shipping my Visa overnight for free because this took so long, even though they are not at fault.

Boots, I'm so sorry you haven't heard anything -- could you look into a courier pulling and resubmitting your application?

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2008, 05:57:19 PM »
Thanks London4me! I actually used ABriggs as well and I'm on day two of waiting, and having then opposite experience with them unfortunately. Thanks for the info!

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2008, 06:04:13 PM »
Really?  Perhaps it was a different office then.  Or maybe I just seemed like a nervous nelly!

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »
Biometrics must be working because I just got my email, "Your visa has been issued." from the consulate!!!!

Biometrics Apt: Oct 21
Submitted Application: Oct 21
Submitted to Consulate: Oct 22
Approved: Oct 23

Anyone thinking about using an expeditor, DO IT!

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008, 07:53:47 PM »
Congratluations kl!  [smiley=balloon.gif] [smiley=balloon.gif]
Online spouse application submitted 3rd Oct
Biometric appointment 10th Oct
Docs. submitted to LA consulate 11th Oct
Docs. received by LA consulate 15th Oct
Received that "12 week email "17th Oct.........
Approved!! 27th Oct

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2008, 08:44:32 PM »
Biometrics must be working because I just got my email, "Your visa has been issued." from the consulate!!!!

Congrats! 

Anyone thinking about using an expeditor, DO IT!

Agreed!  I'm glad they worked out for you too.   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »
Thanks everyone! It was a much longer journey for me (4 years total in all) and I'm glad it's over. BTW - Still haven't heard from A Briggs :) But I don't care who I heard the news from !

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab