Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Confirmed: Biometrics System Failure  (Read 3981 times)

• Myspace page
  • Liked: 0
Re: Confirmed: Biometrics System Failure
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2008, 09:35:50 PM »
My friend just emailed to let me know she just got an email telling her the visa application (entry clearance for BUNAC) was accepted and they're mailing it!

Timeline:
Online Application - October 4th
Biometrics - October 9th
Application documents sent express mail (to Chicago office) - October 10th (although due to weekend and Columbus Day they won't have got it until the 14th)
Visa issued - October 23rd

So a turnaround time of about 9 days (7 working days) on that one

Thank you all for your help! Hope everyone else gets sorted soon too.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 09:38:44 PM by jwuk »

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2008, 03:45:55 AM »
One visa. Received. Gf on plane as we speak. Hurrah.

I would like to see someone roasted over this though. 14 day turnover. Information blackout. total unaccountability. Diplomatic relations damaged.

The FCO and UKBA have been a joke over this.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 03:48:04 AM by linguinigenie »

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2008, 10:26:17 AM »
I spoke with stakeholders about 1/2 an hour ago and got this update.

Service has been restored and they are working through the backlog doing priority applications first.  No mention of how priorities were determined but it would obviously be the ICT's represented by the major firms, which is fair and that's the way things need to be.

There are still a few servers that have not been brought back up yet but will be today.

No security breaches.

Estimates are that about 200 enrolments were corrupted or destroyed during the episode.  If you gave your biometrics on the 9th or possibly the 10th, you MIGHT have to go through the rigamarole again.  If you are one of these cases, they will TELL YOU.  If you don't hear from them that you need to re-enroll, then you don't need to re-enroll.  If you are one of the people who has to re-enroll, you should send me a PM.

Per the usual, calling them won't help, showing up in person won't help, they are clearing the backlog and expect to have it completed over the weekend.  But if you have an application pending and it's not cleared up over the weekend, it doesn't mean you need to flip out because they are still ass-deep in the PBS transition anyway. 

So business as usual.  ILPA is taking up the larger issue about communication.

Done.  There will be an announcement on the UKBA site later today.

We talked about some other stuff, which included some stuff on UK-Yankee's agenda.  UK-Yankee has some outstanding 'issues' to take up with them in November, but we'll use a different thread for that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:32:09 AM by garry »

• Myspace page
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2008, 02:32:08 PM »
I spoke with stakeholders about 1/2 an hour ago and got this update.

Service has been restored and they are working through the backlog doing priority applications first.  No mention of how priorities were determined but it would obviously be the ICT's represented by the major firms, which is fair and that's the way things need to be.

I'm guessing my friend's visa was prioritised due to it having an Oct 31st deadline, so maybe they're doing them based on who needs them earlier?

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2008, 05:19:01 PM »
Guys,
Thanks for the update. This was really refreshing to hear. I have applied at the NY Consulate couple of days before. I somehow read from a friend that a there was a bio-metrics problem.

Here are my timelines:
Date of Biometrics = 3rd Oct @ Newark, NJ
Application packet sent by USPS = 6th Oct
Documents Received and processing start Email from the Consulate = 8th Oct

I have applied for myself as of now and have shown the maintainence funds for me and two dependents (wife and kid).

Still waiting, though they said that Estimated Time of Processing is 5 days. I am not sure how priorities will work. My Date of travel on the online form is 17th Nov. Please advise if there is anyway contacting the NY office, or Case Worker. Or is there no point at all in doing so.

Many Thanks,
Regards,
Datastage

• daveavenue
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2008, 05:56:49 PM »
My lawyer confirmed that only biometrics collected before the 10th were impacted. She said it was posted on the government website.
The economy fell apart. Then we moved to Brighton. Disappointing- yes. Any regrets? No. I am interested in meeting Sussex people and any other souls that have a shared mission of getting to know the rest of the world better. My Blog: daveavenue.

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2008, 09:01:49 PM »
wow, I go away for two weeks and miss all the drama!  Glad things seem to be creaking along again, though....
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2008, 06:41:11 PM »
If I can help calm some nerves here is my timeline:

October 4th: Initial Application
October 18th: Biometrics taken
October 20th: Overnight mail via USPS
October 21st: NY UK Visa Office receives package
October 24th: Receives email informing me that my application has been received
October 27th: Receives visa approval email
November 5th: Travel date to UK

Yes I was a nervous wreck when I read the messages on these boards! But I can now breathe easy :-)

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »
bteezy - what visa did you apply for?

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2008, 09:09:30 PM »
Bteezy was lucky as the Biometrics done on and after 10th October are safe :). So no problem. Bteezy did you apply through agent like ABriggs?

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2008, 12:29:24 PM »
Sept 18th, completed application
Oct 1, biometrics appointment
Oct 2, postal confirmed application delivered to NY consulate
Oct 7, email confirming application at NY consulate
and....
nothing else
waiting waiting waiting

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2008, 03:10:15 PM »
Well Finally, I have got news on board.
My Tier1 is approved :)

The Consulate Visa Section did not email me, But I received the parcel today morning at NJ.

Good Luck for every one and thanks for sharing the vital info related to Bio-Metrics etc.

• daveavenue
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2008, 01:04:23 AM »
i'm in your boat, boots. waiting, waiting, waiting. i received confirmation from chicago on 23-Oct with a 3 business day turnaround. i am sweating, biting nails, and looking for my old lucky rabbit's foot!
The economy fell apart. Then we moved to Brighton. Disappointing- yes. Any regrets? No. I am interested in meeting Sussex people and any other souls that have a shared mission of getting to know the rest of the world better. My Blog: daveavenue.

Email recvd "your visa is approved"
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2008, 12:24:32 AM »
Thanks to everyone. I just received this email. I sincerely wish you all and those who are waiting "Com'n buddy! Smile please! You're next to get approval."
---------
Your visa has been issued.
Delivery times:
USA: Overnight
Bermuda, Bahamas, Central/South America and Caribbean:
- 2 days if you prepaid for Express service

-2-5 days for mail returned to the British Embassy/High Commission
---------
On 3rd Nov, I sent an email to them visa_complaintsNY@fco.gov.uk mentioning that it is now past the estimated processing time and please let me know the status of my application since this has impact my career plans (and I need to give notice to my current employer).
I am really not sure if this has made any difference, but cant ignore the chances too.

My time lines:
28-Sep: Online application
06-Oct: Biometric appointment
08-Oct: Sent application to NY Consulate
09-Oct: Application reached NY Consulate
15-Oct: Recvd email acknowledgement that my application was received and est processing time 10 working days
05-Nov: Recvd email that my visa has been issued
waiting to see my passport and have to start my further plans. I had asked Feb 01 2009 as landing date in UK.  ;D

Sponsored Links