Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: [Merged]: Current Film Recommendations/Movie recommend  (Read 42624 times)

• Liked: 163
Re: [Merged]: Current Film Recommendations/Movie recommend
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
I find that when you go see a movie, play, or musical, you must be prepared to suspend disbelief.

Suspension of disbelief is important, but it's incumbent upon the filmmaker to make the audience suspend their disbelief, not for the audience to do it for themselves.  At least that's what they taught us in film school.   ;D

Carl

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2009, 11:12:01 PM »
This afternoon, I saw Slumdog Millionaire with mapleleafgirl72, and yes - it's a GREAT movie like the others have said.  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

We just saw Slumdog Millionaire and loved it.  Evidently everybody else does too, so I guess my post wasn't really needed.  Oh well...me too!
doing laundry

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 11:37:27 PM »
I saw Bride Wars this weekend with Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway...and I actually enjoyed it...it doesn't take itself too seriously and it was just entertaining
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love
and to be loved in return"

• Dar
  • Geek of the medieval persuasion

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 11:41:12 PM »
Suspension of disbelief is important, but it's incumbent upon the filmmaker to make the audience suspend their disbelief, not for the audience to do it for themselves.  At least that's what they taught us in film school.   ;D

Carl

True!
I am the architect of my destiny.

• Banned

• "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"
    • Lucky's Playlist
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 11:42:50 AM »
I saw Bride Wars this weekend with Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway...and I actually enjoyed it...it doesn't take itself too seriously and it was just entertaining

Sometimes I find it just as nice to watch a film where I dont have to concentrate too hard on the story line and just accept it for being simple, funny and lovely..  :)
I AM LIKE MARMITE - YOU EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

MY MUSIC - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/12772939531/standalone

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 09:44:37 PM »
I managed to snag some free tickets to a preview of the new Brad Pitt movie,  The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It's one I've been looking forward to and the fact that I got free tickets makes it all that much better. I'll let you know what I thought.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 09:49:50 PM »
DH and I saw Valkyrie today and we both liked it. Even though we knew what the outcome was, it was really compelling.

• Banned

• Lucky's Playlist
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 12:47:20 AM »
I managed to snag some free tickets to a preview of the new Brad Pitt movie,  The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It's one I've been looking forward to and the fact that I got free tickets makes it all that much better. I'll let you know what I thought.

Ooo! The trailer for that looks really good! Defo let us know what you thought  :)
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 03:45:56 AM »

We saw that one Christmas night. It was pretty good. A bit depressing and another one that you have to be able to suspend disbelief to enjoy...but fairly good. They did a good job on making the actors look both older and younger...especially Brad Pitt.

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 02:15:15 AM »
The Reader. 

Whoa!  This. movie. is. G. O. O. D.

• Banned

• Lucky's Playlist
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2009, 09:09:40 PM »
I have been lent a hooky copy of "defiance" today...I am going to chill out and watch it later...I will report of its worth going to the cinema to see.

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2009, 09:12:01 PM »
I have been lent a hooky copy of "defiance" today...I am going to chill out and watch it later...I will report of its worth going to the cinema to see.

I really liked it.

• Banned

• Lucky's Playlist
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 09:20:23 PM »
I really liked it.

oo good  :D me and you have very similar film tastes  :)  I shall be drinking left over mulled wine from christmas whilst watching it.   ;D

• tenez dessus fortement sur vos rêves
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2009, 09:22:21 PM »
 I highly recommend Slumdog millionaire,good underrated film , deserves all it's plaudits
its a far better thing i do than i have ever done

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2009, 09:29:01 PM »
I highly recommend Slumdog millionaire,good underrated film , deserves all it's plaudits

I saw Slumdog Millionaire last Wednesday - best film I've seen in a long time :D!

Sponsored Links