Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: fast food  (Read 3869 times)

• having one of those days...
  • Liked: 0
Re: fast food
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2003, 12:07:24 PM »
you know, i swear that on my first trip to england (1992) i DID see a taco bell, but then there was none :(

THANK GO hubby has not tried a krispy kreme yet, though he wants to when we go back to the US.  however, he DID suffer a dunkin' doughnuts withdrawal (got hooked on boston creme pie doughnuts) after we came back from MA.  think he will be worse after a KK run!

*:)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2003, 07:46:11 PM »
THANK GO hubby has not tried a krispy kreme yet, though he wants to when we go back to the US.  however, he DID suffer a dunkin' doughnuts withdrawal (got hooked on boston creme pie doughnuts) after we came back from MA.  think he will be worse after a KK run!

*:)

When he tastes the krispy kreme doughnuts he'll want to move to the states. ;)

I didn't get the chance to have any dunkin' doughnuts, but almost had some when I was in New Jersey last trip.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2003, 08:17:51 PM »
*drools* Mmm...Dunkin' Donuts and Taco Bell, how I miss thee!! I've been trying to stay away from this thread, b/c it makes my tummy go palonk to know I prob. won't have either for a long time yet.  But I can't ignore it any longer...anyone know how to make either of these at home?? Or a trip to Scotland sometime?

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
~Christa

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2003, 08:30:15 AM »
Sorry Idgie... but i think you imagined that Scottish Taco Bell.  I have lived here for many years and there's never been one.  :(   It was a great dream though, wasnt it?  All these road trips to Scotland!  ;)

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2003, 08:05:48 PM »
I'm up for a road trip to Scotland at some point!  Saying this I'd like a lot of time to plan it :P  And where in Scotland would we meet if it were to happen?  I know we'd have to spend time over night and some time just looking at the scenary.....

• A Place to see my pic
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2003, 07:07:19 PM »
OMG OMG OMG...Did someone mention Taco Bell and Krisy Kremes??   *FAINT*  :o

I soooooo miss mexican food its not even funny. Last good mexican food I had was when I was in Australia (deep fried burrito). *sigh* Now ya done it I'm craving a Nacho Bell Grande with extra nacho cheese and sour cream.  :o

As for Krispy Kremes...woah 2 of em get me wired for sound.  ;D

Did someone mention Road Trip? Where do I sign up?  
I love Scotland so any excuse to go and I'm there.  :P
Keep me posted!

Webgoddess

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2003, 09:23:35 PM »
hate to break your heart this way but there aren't any Taco Bells in the UK....not even in Scotland, I'm afraid.   :-/

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2003, 02:53:35 PM »
I'm getting relatively good at making my own Mexican stuff out of necessity. Practice makes perfect.  ;)
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2003, 07:30:04 PM »
Ack! I didn't see this post before.

Not too long ago (about a week ago or so) I was craving Taco Bell so much that I emailed them begging for a UK location. (Leeds of course, you'll all just have to come over and visit it here  [smiley=evilgrin.gif])

I'm still waiting for a reply.

You can buy Old El Paso stuff here. They make for okay Mexican food. I really didn't like Mexican food when I was home (we used to have it practically every day, coming from AZ and all... ) Now I can't get enough of it.

I haven't been too hard up for Krispy Kremes only because Gregg's makes this really nice carmel topped custard donut that I go get when I want something sweet.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2003, 08:40:45 PM »
What on earth are Krispy Kremes?   ???

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2003, 08:47:54 PM »
They're the downfall of every American everywhere.

They're so innocent looking yet very dangerous.

They're more addictive than any drug in the world.

They're orgasmic.

They're a gift from god.

They're doughnuts.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2003, 07:43:55 PM »
*drools* Mmm...Dunkin' Donuts and Taco Bell, how I miss thee!! I've been trying to stay away from this thread, b/c it makes my tummy go palonk to know I prob. won't have either for a long time yet.  But I can't ignore it any longer...anyone know how to make either of these at home?? Or a trip to Scotland sometime?

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
~Christa

there is a Dunkin donuts in london.. i havent been in it but i seen it :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab