Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 3 Days in London  (Read 1764 times)

3 Days in London
« on: January 06, 2003, 02:05:30 PM »
Wow! ;D

John and I have just arrived back from a long weekend in London.

Despite living in England for 2 years, this was my first visit to the capital. Boy was I impressed!

Buckingham Palace
Big Ben
House of Parliament
London Eye
Oxford Street Shopping (John had to drag me out of every shop we visited and I'm dreading my credit card bill!!)

Even the people were friendly, which I had not expected. (John tells me people are much friendlier in the north, but I always say there are some nice and some not so nice people wherever you go).

Even though we had a great time, I was glad to get back to Bradford. The pace of life in London is just too fast for me. Everyone seemed to be in a rush. Great place to visit, but living there would exhaust me (and my bank account!!)

Love Vicki

• having one of those days...
  • Liked: 0
Re: 3 Days in London
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 12:54:20 PM »
glad to hear you had a great time in london!  sounds like you were EXTREMELY busy!!

hmm, i did find the people in yorkshire friendlier overall than in london, but you are right, all kinds of people everywhere you go.  i thought the younger people in yorks crazier, thogh...my first time there i met a penpal who lived in this tiny village (north yorks) and her boyfriend was a fiend on those back roads!!  he enjoyed scaring me with no lights and screeching tires around the bends!

*:)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

Sponsored Links