Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help Please!! My Visa is way too delayed and am very worried  (Read 797 times)

• Liked: 0
Help Please!! My Visa is way too delayed and am very worried
« on: November 01, 2008, 07:25:14 PM »
I applied for a visa to come to the UK and I got my biometrics done and everything and I sent in my application to the New York office. They notified me via email the my application arrived safely and said that it would take 5 working days to process and by the next working day they emailed once more and said that they need to make a few necessary further enquiries and the time for my application would now be revised and "may now take up to 15 working days"

this email was sent on October 1st. And its already November1st and I haven't heard from them yet. The 15th working day was last week Wednesday. I am aware of the delay due to biometrics failure but its been back up since last weekend. I have an open ticket to go back to London but it expires on NOVEMBER 10th. And am worried that I wont hear from them before that. What should I do? I don't know if they will reply to me next week... so am very worried!! :\\\'(

Re: Help Please!! My Visa is way too delayed and am very worried
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »
You posted about this 5 days ago.  I'm afraid the answer is still the same- http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=48204
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

• My Blog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 01:45:38 PM »
I have an open ticket to go back to London but it expires on NOVEMBER 10th. And am worried that I wont hear from them before that. What should I do? I don't know if they will reply to me next week... so am very worried!! :\\\'(

It says on the site or when you are applying not to make travel arrangements beforehand. To be honest, making travel arrangements ahead of time before having your approved visa in hand won't speed up the process. All you can do is wait...it sucks...but it's also the only option, really.
23 Jan 06 - Met Online
17 Jul 07 - ENGAGED!!! :-D
30 Jun 08 - Applied for Fiance Visa
22 Jul 08 - Received Visa
01 Aug 08 - Arrived in UK!
01 Nov 08 - MARRIED!!!
03 Nov 08 - In-person FLR(M) - GRANTED!!

19 Dec 09 - 1st son born :)

02 Oct 10 - KOL Passed
26 Oct 10 - ILR app (posted Special Delivery)
27 Oct 10 - online tracking confirmed delivery
30 Oct 10 - Confirmation via post
15 Nov 10 - ILR granted/documents returned!!!

05 Nov 13 - 1st daughter born :)

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 08:04:08 PM »
It not that I booked my ticket after my application but I previously lived in England on a different Visa and left the country on a open ticket to apply for a new visa. So i didnt disobey their advice. But in any case the ticket is going to expire next tuesday. So I am going to have to fork up some more cash to purchase yet another ticket if I dont hear from them this week. I wish that biometric system failure hadn't occured. I am really between a rock and a hard place. But thanks for all your inputs though.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 08:49:47 PM »
tooks, how straight forward was your application?  From the sounds of it, it may not have been that straight forward, especially if you were leaving for the US just to get a new visa, which means you were in the country on a visa you couldn't convert.

If you have anything not straight forward, your are going to be at the upper limit of the time period with or without the biometrics failure.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 07:49:46 PM »
ok, thanks alot kitsonk , and thanks for being understanding as well. Hopefully things will get sorted out soon enough, and I will keep u posted on the progress of the application.
Regards,
Tooks

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab