Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NUMBER FOR UK CONSULATE NYC HELP PLEASE PACKAGE MISSING  (Read 1028 times)

• Liked: 0
NUMBER FOR UK CONSULATE NYC HELP PLEASE PACKAGE MISSING
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:45:27 PM »
Is there a number for the uk embassy in new york where I can reach someone? They have issued my fiancee visa, given me a tracking number, and UPS has told me that the package is now missing or was not picked up. I cannot get through to anyone on the phone, which I need urgently to do as UPS cannot give me any more information as it needs to come from the embassy.
Thanks for any help.

Re: NUMBER FOR UK CONSULATE NYC HELP PLEASE PACKAGE MISSING
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:06:35 PM »
The UPS lost the package?  It's not clear what info you need from the consulate if they dispatched your stuff and gave you a tracking number.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 09:33:33 PM »
It is not clear if the package was picked up or not. UPS's information stops at  a shipping bill and tracking number issued Nov. 4. They can't give me any information until they hear from the consulate, which they won't do unless I can get in touch with someone at the consulate to verify if it was ever picked up. This is why I'm trying to find out if there is a number to call at the consulate.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 10:15:01 PM »
Hmmmm... "Yes, UPS, I just got off the phone with them and they swear it was picked up."  Lying to a government agency is one thing.  Getting a package shipper to earn their money is another.

Also, to use the lingua franca of package carriers tell them to put a trace on the package.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• My Blog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 01:02:46 AM »
Being that the consulate are the ones who made the order to get a tracking number FROM UPS, surely UPS is the one who has a contact number and needs to contact the consulate.

As far as I knew, there is no number -- non-automated at least -- to contact the consulate in NY. Have you tried faxing them?
23 Jan 06 - Met Online
17 Jul 07 - ENGAGED!!! :-D
30 Jun 08 - Applied for Fiance Visa
22 Jul 08 - Received Visa
01 Aug 08 - Arrived in UK!
01 Nov 08 - MARRIED!!!
03 Nov 08 - In-person FLR(M) - GRANTED!!

19 Dec 09 - 1st son born :)

02 Oct 10 - KOL Passed
26 Oct 10 - ILR app (posted Special Delivery)
27 Oct 10 - online tracking confirmed delivery
30 Oct 10 - Confirmation via post
15 Nov 10 - ILR granted/documents returned!!!

05 Nov 13 - 1st daughter born :)

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 09:08:05 AM »
When my spouse visa was issued I had the tracking number for 2 days before it was ever picked up from the consulate. I would ride UPS and have them put a tracer on it. Best thing to do is to check the UPS tracking website and see if it has been picked up from the origin. I doubt that if it has been picked up that the consulate could help you. It is a UPS problem.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 04:23:17 PM »
thanks for all of your help. it came this morning, so i guess i was just in a state of panic.
 i do wish they had a number where you could actually speak with someone though.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »
Oh! Good news! :) Glad it worked out in the end.
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it." -Eat Pray Love

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab