Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR-Set M app ? on convictions--sending app today, please help!  (Read 615 times)

• Liked: 4
ILR-Set M app ? on convictions--sending app today, please help!
« on: November 07, 2008, 11:47:29 AM »
just a quick question.  I'm sending in my ILR app this afternoon with all the docs.  It has the section about convictions.  I don't have anything concerning there, but I am putting my one speed-camera violation down because it says to include traffic offences.

Do I have to include a parking ticket?  No points are taken or anything off my license for it.  I wasn't sure if it counted the same.  I live in a notoriously difficult area to park because of the university being by our house and got one for staying too long in a two hour zone.  It's paid now, and there's another that I'm challenging in court because I believe I shouldn't have received it.  That won't come up till next month.  I'll put it in the section on convictions I haven't gone to court yet over if I need to, but hate to list anything, especially something as silly as a £30 parking ticket.

• My blog!
Re: ILR-Set M app ? on convictions--sending app today, please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 12:22:34 PM »
I think you are fine on the ticket, as that is a civil action, not criminal.  But there is no harm in putting it down.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:07:21 PM »
thanks Kitsonk.  Appreciate the advice and quick response.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 04:28:35 PM »
Thanks again, a quick update on what I decided to do.  As I read the application again, I realized it didn't just say criminal convictions but said criminal and civil convictions.  That seemed to me that I did have to include civil things like parking tickets, so I did for the one ticket I had rightly earned and paid for.

I wasn't as sure on the pending convictions line though.  It only said pending criminal convictions that haven't been tried in court and was with the list of questions like "are you a terrorist?" that didn't feel right to answer "yes" to for a silly parking ticket I'm contesting.  In the end on that one, I chose to mark "no" but scribbled under to see the notes section after the question.  In that box I explained that I believed it was a civil, not criminal, matter, but that I had a parking ticket I was contesting in court as I had a permit to park in the area, but I was listing it in the interest of full disclosure still.  I can't imagine it should create any problems, but I didn't want to take any chances with being labelled as deceiving the Home Office. 

DH thinks I'm being obsessive about figuring all this out, but I want to make sure it's all done correctly.  Wish me luck.  I hate how long I'm going to have to wait now.  At least I have the consolation of knowing that even if I had my passport, I couldn't fly since I'm in my last trimester of pregnancy!

• Banned

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 08:31:41 AM »
You have done the right thing.  If in doubt, declare everything, is always the golden rule.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab