Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any Advice on Spouse Visa?  (Read 577 times)

• Liked: 0
Any Advice on Spouse Visa?
« on: November 10, 2008, 09:47:46 AM »
Well, I now have my appointment to get my spouse visa in Croydon next week! Very happy! I arrived in the UK a few months back on my fiancee visa, got married on Friday of last week, so now begins the next round of forms.

I searched for the various threads on spouse visas and yes the form is the same as the one we did for the fiancee, but I'm curious as to what J and I should expect at that appointment? Any surprises we should be prepared for? Any essentials we should bring? We have the docs they asked for (finances, pictures, misc docs showing residence) but I'm concerned about anything that others found was needed or helpful to ensure I get my new visa that day. We have a trip planned the week after to Belgium!  ;D

Also I was a bit surprised that they want my biometrics again since they already have them, but fine. Anything to get the process moving forward.

Advice? Comments? Suggestions?

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Any Advice on Spouse Visa?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »
Here is my experience from two years ago: http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/flrexperience/

The Biometrics will be a change, but most of the other stuff should be fairly consistant.  I kept all the stuff from my FiancĂ©e Visa and just updated a couple of things, like mail showing my address, our civil partnership certificate, etc.

You are also just missing out on the National ID Card.  If you were applying after the 25th, you would be issued one.  No one has been through the process yet, so we are looking for a guinue pig, so to speak.

Either way, if you could note your experience and help update mine, I am sure everyone would appreciate it and Garry would like publish it on his website if you wished to share.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 11:00:31 AM »
That was a great write up Kitson. Thanks for sharing that link with me. From the sounds of it, we have everything in order and then some. My habit has been to bring more than they ask for.

I still find the second set of biometrics strange since they have my biometrics already. If I'm given the option of having the ID card, I'll take it and report on that. And I'll absolutely share my experience and if Garry wants to publish it that's great. Anything to help others dealing with the tangle of visas!

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 11:10:59 AM »
Yes. 

People are very grateful to be able to read a well-written narrative.  Not just the general population, but also the government.  UKBA itself  :o refers to Kitson's narrative (also Celeste's, also Susan's, also yankeeangel's, etc etc) in its training for junior caseworkers  :o 

In addition to yours, I also need a few from people who have used the commercial partners stateside.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:29:34 AM »
You do know that the form isn't the same as the fiancee visa form, but is the FLR (M)?

Vicky

• My Blog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 04:57:13 PM »
If your appointment is anything like mine (from Solihull) you're essentially asked for certain documents and you hand them to the person. The longest part of the process was waiting for the vignette to be printed.

Also, Solihull isn't doing Biometrics yet, but here is exactly what they asked us for across the counter...

* Application (form FLR(M))
* Passport-sized photos (2 of me, 1 of DH)
* Passports
* Husband's bank statements and payslips (he had 2 payslips and a stamped printout from The Halifax)
* Marriage Certificate

I also had prepared a budget listing my potential wages once I am able to work & an employment offer letter, along with an envelope holding onto all of our previous documents from the fiance visa...but she said it wasn't necessary to see it. So, not a bad idea to perhaps bring more than you need, but if they ask you to hand them certain documents, don't be surprised if they don't ask for everything you thought you might need.

Good luck...and let us know how it goes! xx

**EDIT: Remember to still use your maiden name if that is the name your passport is still in. I almost filled out my married name on my form when my passport has my maiden, hehe. Just call me an eager beaver.  :P
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 05:00:17 PM by LoveMyBrit »
23 Jan 06 - Met Online
17 Jul 07 - ENGAGED!!! :-D
30 Jun 08 - Applied for Fiance Visa
22 Jul 08 - Received Visa
01 Aug 08 - Arrived in UK!
01 Nov 08 - MARRIED!!!
03 Nov 08 - In-person FLR(M) - GRANTED!!

19 Dec 09 - 1st son born :)

02 Oct 10 - KOL Passed
26 Oct 10 - ILR app (posted Special Delivery)
27 Oct 10 - online tracking confirmed delivery
30 Oct 10 - Confirmation via post
15 Nov 10 - ILR granted/documents returned!!!

05 Nov 13 - 1st daughter born :)

Sponsored Links