Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR on work permit -- When passport stamps are not legible.  (Read 806 times)

• Liked: 5
ILR on work permit -- When passport stamps are not legible.
« on: November 10, 2008, 10:08:28 PM »
I am doing some leg work for my ILR next year. As part of my preparation for this, I have a running spreadsheet listing my dates in and out of the UK.

The problem is that I have now recognised that some of the dates on my passport stamps aren't visible.  When I first moved here, I didn't know to keep ticket stubs. I know that passports are scanned in and out of countries, but does that information stay embedded in the passport? Does the HO have access to this information? I am thinking the answer is no. 

What proof do I need to provide for these dates?  I may have a few e-tickets saved on my work email -- would this be acceptable?  Would the airline be able to retrieve any of this information (I am not sure how this works at all)?  If all else fails, can I show my work diary or a screen shot of work emails sent?  I am not even sure if I can do that because of risk management at work.  Would it be ok if I had work draft a letter stating I was back at work or away from work on xx days?

What happens if I cannot provide any support other than the fuzzy stamp?  This might be likely for one of the stamps.

Thank you for your input.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: ILR on work permit -- When passport stamps are not legible.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 10:04:08 AM »
Don't worry.  You don't need to prove every date.  Put down what tyou think are the rights dates, and if they are guesses, say so.  You will have to apply by post.

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 11:34:59 AM »
Thanks Vicki.  I know my dates are correct because I have been keeping track from the start.  As I said, the stamps don't always appear legible and I was just thinking that I did need proof.

I HAVE to apply in person though.  I cannot apply by post.  Does this change your answer?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 12:05:06 PM by Sara Smile »

• Banned

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:07:42 PM »
Why do you have to apply in person?

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 01:58:29 PM »
I have exceeded the allowable number of days outside the UK, because of business travel.  My employer is going to write a letter to that effect.  But they have asked that I apply for ILR in person, so that if it is denied, they still have time to apply for a new work permit (or Tier 2 as it will be) before my visa expires.

• Banned

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 02:29:28 PM »
Why don't they just apply for the work permit now anyway?  It will only cost £190, which is less than the difference between the same day and postal ILR applications.

If you have exceeded the number of days out of the UK you almost certainly won't succeed on a same day application anyway.  The same day applications are only for straight forward applications.

Vicky

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 07:58:20 PM »
I only reckon that they aren't doing the work permit now because it might needlessly cost them money and I am paying for the ILR.

The whole timing of this is just really stressing me out!!

Anyway, do you think my work has given me some dodgy advice?  They indicated that my application would be straightforward since I exceed the days because of work.  And they are the ones that have asked me to do the same day to be prudent. 

• Banned

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 08:34:48 PM »
THEY are making you pay the £200 extra to do a risky same-day application?  Charming.

They are doing this all wrong.  They should spend that £200 extra on a work permit, or on decent legal advice.

Vicky

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 09:32:55 PM »
Thanks again for your help Vicki.

• Banned

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 09:51:56 PM »
No problem.

But it's actually Vicky....

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 10:10:06 PM »
My apologies.  No disrespect intended.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab