Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Is there a usual wait time for Marriage visa?  (Read 390 times)

• Liked: 0
Is there a usual wait time for Marriage visa?
« on: November 11, 2008, 10:00:42 AM »
My wife and I applied for her marriage visa on Thursday (papers arrived at the British Consulate in New York at 9.45am).  We're hoping we have an extremely strong case based on all the information we've provided.

Is there a normal amount of time before there's any indication one way or the other?  I'm guessing they know her email address from the on-line application.  Is the only status update you get an email saying it's either granted or not?

Those of you who've already been through this: how long did you have to wait?  I'm particularly interested in those people that applied to the consulate in NY.

Thanks.   ::)

Re: Is there a usual wait time for Marriage visa?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 03:01:09 PM »
I believe they usually take around 10-15 business days.  When I applied for my fiancee visa in new york, I didn't hear anything until about day 7.  They emailed me saying they had recieved my application, etc.  A few days later I got an email saying the visa was issued and in the post.  All in all it took 9 business days from the day they recieved it until the day it was issued. 
Met - February 2002
Long story, Feb 2002 till April 2008
Engaged - April 2008
Submitted online application- Bastille Day, 2008
Biometric appointment - July 18, 2008
FH sent me his docs via DHL - July 18, 2008
Sent supporting information - July 21
Supporting information arrived - July 22
Received first email from consulate - July 31
Visa Issued!!!! August 4
Arrived in Cambridge, August 9
Married in France, October 17
Applied for EEA FP, October 20th
EEA FP granted October 21st

Re: Is there a usual wait time for Marriage visa?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 03:41:26 PM »
Believe it or not, it is very straightforward as long as you have not omitted anything that is required.  My DH and I got married in Florida on Sept. 9.  We travelled back to my home area near Philly on Sept. 12.  On the next day, we went for my biometrics appt. (previously made upon visa application about a week prior to the marriage).  It only took about 15 mins. (no wait thankfully) and had the official documentation.  On Monday, the 15th, we sent the hardcopy via UPS of the application and all supporting documentation to the consulate in NY.  On October 1, the visa was issued and it arrived the next day on Oct. 2nd, via UPS.  They email you an acknowledgement and the tracking number.  Mine took just a little longer, as it was near university time, and apparently the student visas took precedence.  But, as long as you have included everything they ask for in the application, then it should be a standard process.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab