Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My Cat is Gone...******update - please read******  (Read 5597 times)

• I miss you so much. My heart is forever broken.
  • Liked: 0
My Cat is Gone...******update - please read******
« on: November 11, 2008, 07:48:36 PM »
Last night we noticed we hadn't seen Satan since Sunday night. He usually hides so we figured he was hiding under my bed. We checked, nothing. We checked my closet, in cabnets, in tubs, in bathrooms, under furniture...nothing. His food that I gave him on Sunday night hasn't been touched!

He must have gotten out...on sunday (Brit's Birthday of all days). The last thing I remember when I saw him was he was headed for the door. Mom was smoking on the front porch and our screen doesn't close all the way but he usually just sits there until she gets up and then he'll run to the hallway or kitchen until he thinks it's safe to come out. He's scared of the outside and the noise the door makes. Anyway, when I saw him I did something and wasn't looking at him for a split second and my mom got up and came inside...I think at some point...possibly before she got up and the screen was cracked he either got scared and ran or just wanted to see what it was like outside (even though he's scared of it) and he walked out...

I'm distraught. I couldn't sleep and when I did I'd wake up and turn my light on hoping to see an indent in his food bowl and there was none.

Last night we looked behind the fence with a flashlight and he wasn't there. Today when mom got home we went up the mountain, behind the building, over to the other 3 buildings, looked under trash cans, looked in laundry rooms, looked under cars and behind fences....

NOTHING

Mom drove up and down the streets to see if he's been hit and nothing. If someone was smart and lucky enough to get him to trust them...he might be in someones house...or they took him too the pound which I doubt because he's a terror to get into a box.

He's scared of people and noises so who knows what's going to happen to him out there! We made flyers and posted them all up and down our block and too the other apartments. I put them mostly on Mail Boxes because EVERYONE checks their mail so we figure if they do that they'll see the flyer. We also gave out flyers to some of the neighborhood kids...so hopefully since they are constantly outside they'll see him. I also put an AD on Craiglist. Mom put a pair of her pants on the porch to see if the scent will bring him back and were going to put food there tonight....

I can't stop crying ...just thinking about how cold it's been the last few nights. He hasn't eattin in going on 3 days.

I dunno what to do  :\\\'( :\\\'( he's my sisters cat...he's our last tie to her.  :\\\'( :\\\'(

I'm a little late but I realized that other one had a # on it... :-\\\\...

Anyway, I went to take a picture of where I think he might be...the mountain behind the house. I went up there and sat on the log and called him and the girl cat that comes to our door to greet him normally came out has been out since chasing birds. She's in the picture
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 05:49:23 AM by Turtle-Turtle »

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

• Liked: 1
Re: My Cat is Gone...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 08:36:42 PM »
Oh no, I am so sorry to read this!!  Have you tried putting a blanket or even a chair that he sometimes sleeps in outside?  I know it sounds stupid, but this is what I always reccommended to people who had lost their cats and came to the animal shelter to look for them.  I recieved many calls saying that it worked!   Also, you may attract some neighbourhood cats, but you can try to put a can of wet/canned cat food out near your front door and this often will allow them to find their way home.

I hope to see good news on this thread very soon.  You have been through so much already.  Best of luck.  My thoughts are with you and Satan.

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 08:40:09 PM »
I'm very sorry Ericka and hope Satan comes home soon. x

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 08:52:16 PM »
Oh no! I really hope Satan makes it home soon.

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:02:15 PM »
Oh no, I am so sorry to read this!!  Have you tried putting a blanket or even a chair that he sometimes sleeps in outside?  I know it sounds stupid, but this is what I always reccommended to people who had lost their cats and came to the animal shelter to look for them.  I recieved many calls saying that it worked!   Also, you may attract some neighbourhood cats, but you can try to put a can of wet/canned cat food out near your front door and this often will allow them to find their way home.

I hope to see good news on this thread very soon.  You have been through so much already.  Best of luck.  My thoughts are with you and Satan.

I did, we just went trolling the neighborhood again and I just got back and I put his towel from his vet crate which has some fur and his scent on it and a bowl of food under our porch bench. I hope he comes home...he's so affraid of people and noises that I can't see him letting someone pick him up and taking him to the pound or even in their house. I cant imagine what he's going through...the trash man just came by and the truck makes so much noise and normally he runs from the door when he hears it...can't imagine what he's doing out there.  :\\\'( I'm hoping he's around and makes his way home. My mom says we've done what we can now all we gotta do is wait...

:\\\'( thanks
I'm very sorry Ericka and hope Satan comes home soon. x

Thanks yael  :\\\'( me too
Oh no! I really hope Satan makes it home soon.
Thanks me too
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 09:04:24 PM by Turtle-Turtle »

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 09:06:10 PM »
I was talking to a lady this morning who said she had "?" in her arm and had been to the emergency 8 times in the last week because of it. She had been scratched, a small scratch, by a cat.??????????

• Odd Duck
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 09:17:59 PM »
Oh no, I'm so sorry! Sending come-home-kitty vibes your way.

• Thence we came forth to rebehold the stars
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 09:21:01 PM »
I'm sorry, Turtle-Turtle.  Satan, please go home!
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in...

- from Anthem, by Leonard Cohen (b 1934)

• If you take my breath away...
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 09:37:11 PM »
Keep the faith Ericka.

Whenever I think the worst for my cats, they always prove to me that they are smarter than I give them credit for.

...the whole damn thing will turn
and return redefined, rearranged, rearranged...

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 09:50:13 PM »
I was talking to a lady this morning who said she had "?" in her arm and had been to the emergency 8 times in the last week because of it. She had been scratched, a small scratch, by a cat.??????????
What?  ???

Oh no, I'm so sorry! Sending come-home-kitty vibes your way.
Thanks Elynor!

I'm sorry, Turtle-Turtle.  Satan, please go home!
Thanks, we just want him home. I'm so scared for him...I hope his homing instinct is strong.

Keep the faith Ericka.

Whenever I think the worst for my cats, they always prove to me that they are smarter than I give them credit for.

I'm trying hollyberry, it's hard though because I know how he is. He's never been outside except for when we found him at 5 weeks old and he's 7 years old now. He's scared of people and noises...hell he's even scared of his own shadow! I really hope he comes home...I hope he smells the scents outside and sticks around the house so we can find him.

Thanks  :\\\'(

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 09:58:26 PM »
Usually a nervous cat will hide during the day and make his move home during the night, when there are less noises.  How cold is it outside?  Can you leave windows open after dark so that you can hear him meowing if he comes home?  I had a cat who got out occasionally, and he always came home after dark and the only way I ever knew was because he was screaming at the top of his lungs to be let in.

I am not sure about the county/city that you live in, but you may be able to place a lost report with Animal Control and depending on the officer, they can keep an eye out for him also.  I would give them a call just to check if this is a possibility.

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 10:47:35 PM »
Usually a nervous cat will hide during the day and make his move home during the night, when there are less noises.  How cold is it outside?  Can you leave windows open after dark so that you can hear him meowing if he comes home?  I had a cat who got out occasionally, and he always came home after dark and the only way I ever knew was because he was screaming at the top of his lungs to be let in.

I am not sure about the county/city that you live in, but you may be able to place a lost report with Animal Control and depending on the officer, they can keep an eye out for him also.  I would give them a call just to check if this is a possibility.
It's been really cold out at night but usually I'm up late. I haven't heard him crying which is weird to me because that's how we found him in the first place...he's a very vocal cat when he's scared or upset. I plan on staying up late tonight and keeping an eye out tonight because I think he'll make his moves tonight when it's dark...our neighborhood gets really quiet at night.

Everythings closed today...we called the local pound too and left messages.  :\\\'(

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 10:49:30 PM »
I hope you find your kitty. =(

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 07:51:32 AM »
I hope he makes his way home soon!  :\\\'(
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 08:08:35 AM »
Awww, I hope he comes home soon!!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links