Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR timing  (Read 494 times)

• Liked: 4
ILR timing
« on: November 11, 2008, 11:13:04 PM »
I know that there are various waiting times out there right now, but I'm having what I hope are unreasonable fears that for some reason my credit card will get rejected and I'll be up a creek as far as payment goes (like mastercard putting in some security feature that makes them stop payment).  I'm trying to ignore my other unreasonable fears around the application as there is nothing I can do about them.

Does anyone remember how long it took them after their application should have arrived for it to be taken from their accounts?  I'm just wondering what kind of time frame I can anticipate there to at least be able to know the payment went through okay.

It isn't helping my nerves that there was a fire at the Royal Mail sorting station after I turned in my app!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:16:41 PM by Cadenza »

• The official blog
  • Liked: 0
Re: ILR timing
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 12:20:00 AM »
I saw the charge turn up on my credit card (via internet banking) the very day that my application arrived via special delivery.  They are usually pretty quick about that.  I'd expect them to be pretty quick to contact you if the payment failed, as well.

If you still haven't heard in a couple more days, I'd try calling the Home Office with the very specific question you seem to have (i.e. that it wasn't caught in the fire and you want to be sure they've received it.)  They don't generally answer specific questions until it's been 14 weeks, but there's a reasonable chance that if you state your case up front they'll help you on this anyway.  (They did for me, once.)

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 07:24:56 AM »
I can't remember exactly how long it took, but I think they processed my card either the day they received it or the day after. It can't have been more than 1-2 days as I received my approved ILR back within 9 days. Good luck!

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 07:39:47 AM »
for my FLR(M) application, the money was taken out of my account probably no later than 2 days after I sent it.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »
Thanks, I'm feeling a bit better now.  I just got into the website for my bank again.  The ILR fee showed up today, so it must not have been in the fire.  It dated it as being withdrawn yesterday, but it didn't show up on my online report until today.  The application arrived on Monday.  I'm glad to at least know that it arrived and was paid for successfully.  Now I'll just hold my breath on the rest and pray I'm not one of the many who have to wait for months to get the ILR back.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 08:28:45 PM »
oh, I missed today's mail.  There was a letter in the post today that was dated on Monday giving me a reference number and giving me the low-down without telling me anything.  I feel better seeing it though.  I hadn't realized they would send me a letter.  I did my FLR in person back before they changed the rules, so this waiting game is new for me.  Thanks for your help!!

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 09:51:47 PM »
I can't remember exactly how long it took, but I think they processed my card either the day they received it or the day after. It can't have been more than 1-2 days as I received my approved ILR back within 9 days. Good luck!

gatsbygirl - j/w when did you apply for yours?  Was it earlier in the year?

It seems they have a back log now - or I'm hoping that's the case.  I'm on my 9th week!!!  They took the funds for my Set(M) ILR app the same day they received it.  I don't think it's a good/bad sign of when they actually charge you - they just want the funds and then they decide on the application later.   :-\\\\
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 09:53:42 PM by Lynzie »

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:57 PM »
It was last August, so they probably do have a big back log now with all the immigration changes looming. I applied for my citizenship at the beginning of September and I'm still waiting.  ::)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab