Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: tier 5 charity work - timing questions  (Read 647 times)

• Liked: 0
tier 5 charity work - timing questions
« on: November 12, 2008, 12:02:03 AM »
Hello again,

Apparently the charity I am in touch with is willing to register for a license to issue certificates of sponsorship. They are starting the process now (license). Any idea about how long that will take for them to have a certificate of sponsorship for me?

Also, Tier 5 applications are not being accepted until Nov 27th. I cannot even submit my application until then correct? I cannot even submit until I have my certificate of sponsorship correct? Also, I need to have proof of maintainence extending back 3 months. I just recently had the opportunity to pay off all my debt incurred while a student and the bank account has slipped below the equivalent of 800 pounds. It will be back up there by the time I apply (I will be living with and off of my US g/f when I get there, so the maintainence thing isn't a big deal for ME financially, but I know it is for the application process). I was reading paragraph 134 in http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/tier5temporaryworkerguidance.pdf [nofollow] , but I am confused as to what it means? Also, if my sponsor verified maintainence, would it have to be under the same 3 month requirement? Any help? Basically, assuming my visa could go thru immediately, would I have to wait until I had proof of three months of the >800pound maintainence amount? How long will this visa take to process, on average?

Thank you so much for any help. My US girlfriend in grad school is anxious to see me, and I her. 

-gabe

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: tier 5 charity work - timing questions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 11:26:18 AM »
The length of time it would take for the employer to get registered depends on them, and there is nothing you can do to speed this process up.  If they are a large established charity it is likely to be easier and quicker.

You are right that you cannot apply until 27th November, and you need to have the maintenence sorted at the time you apply or you will be refused.

I don't understand your question "Also, if my sponsor verified maintainence, would it have to be under the same 3 month requirement?"

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 11:30:50 AM »
I don't understand your question "Also, if my sponsor verified maintainence, would it have to be under the same 3 month requirement?"

I think he's referring to the recently added sponsorship undertaking that allows an applicant to have shortfalls in the maintenance requirement.  I thought it was applicable to T2 only, but would have to check. 

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 10:05:08 PM »
The length of time it would take for the employer to get registered depends on them, and there is nothing you can do to speed this process up.  If they are a large established charity it is likely to be easier and quicker.

You are right that you cannot apply until 27th November, and you need to have the maintenence sorted at the time you apply or you will be refused.

Vicky

Ok, that helps a little bit.

Hypothetically, what is the fastest that a sorted out charity can get their license, and a certificate of sponsorship? 1 month, 3 months, 12 months? Any estimate would be nice.

And again, regarding paragraph 134 of the .pdf file? Does anyone know what that means???

And garry, if you could check on that sponsorship undertaking the verification of the maintainence requirements,  that would be really helpful!

Thanks again!

• Banned

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »
I think he's referring to the recently added sponsorship undertaking that allows an applicant to have shortfalls in the maintenance requirement.  I thought it was applicable to T2 only, but would have to check. 

I think I missed this! Can you point me to the location of this change please?

As for para 134, it means that for the time being you don't need to have the funds in your account for three months, but they still need to be there at the time of application.

Vicky

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 08:34:17 AM »
I think I missed this! Can you point me to the location of this change please?

I checked.  It was a change to PBS following a lobbying effort in which CMS Cameron McKenna was leading http://www.law-now.com/ourbusiness/

It's for T2 applicants under an A rated sponsor only.  I remember posting about it here in October, but probably most people forgot about it.

Having said that, I don't know why it couldn't be done for T5's also.  There's just nobody to champion T5 causes at the moment.  Not even me  :-[  But logically there is no reason why a provision for T2 cannot be implemented for T5.  And implementing a T2 carve-out defeats the whole purpose of the PBS!  >:(

• Banned

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 08:47:29 AM »
Thanks.

Is there any progress on the stupid 7-day limit on bank statements?

Vicky

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 09:46:47 AM »
Is there any progress on the stupid 7-day limit on bank statements?

As of last week, this was still a done deal, but no guidance produced yet and no green light yet.  Kingsley Napley Solicitors is leading on it http://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/ and ILPA http://www.ilpa.org.uk is tracking it.

• Banned

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »
Thanks.

Vicky

Sponsored Links