Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Nationality Checking Service question  (Read 419 times)

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Nationality Checking Service question
« on: November 12, 2008, 04:47:45 PM »
I have an appointment tomorrow for my Citizenship application. In their confirmation letter, they state that I have to bring the whole fee (£655) along with all my other stuff. Do they have to send the app for you? We are waiting for my new bank card to arrive so can't send the app until next week. It should have been here by now but it's not!  >:(

Do you think that, assuming all else is ok, they would hold the app for me until my card comes?

Panic setting in....
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Nationality Checking Service question
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 05:08:08 PM »
I wouldn't guarantee it.

Vicky

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 05:17:54 PM »
That's what I was afraid of. We're hoping yes... Berwick is very small and don't get a lot of these apps. But, worst case scenario, we're going to write a cheque and do some major shifting of funds.

Any idea how quickly cheques are being cashed? I'm assuming almost immediately?
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Fehr Trade
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 09:05:34 PM »
Your mileage may vary - but I had my NCS appointment at Southwark Council on Oct 15. I got a letter from the Home Office saying they tried to take the funds on 24 Oct but the card was declined. I then sent the payment form back to them with my credit card details again and we sorted it out by phone when they rang a few days later (long story but the CVV code on my card was smeared and I got the number wrong).
Summer 97 - first visited friends in London
99-00 - studied at Uni of Sussex on exchange
Feb 02 - moved to London on BUNAC
Sep 02 - WP granted (IT skills shortage list)
Sep 04 - WP renewed
Sep 06 - WP renewed again (screwed by 4-5 year ILR change)
Sep 07 - ILR!
March 09 - Citizenship!
July 09 - bone marrow transplant :(
18 Sep 10 - wedding!
Mar 12 - half marathon in Paris! 1:47:12!
Oct 12 - Amsterdam FULL marathon! 3:48:23!

Sponsored Links