Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need job  (Read 1757 times)

• Liked: 0
Need job
« on: November 12, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
Hello everyone,

Well where can I start?  I work as a civil servant for a council, but unfortunately my job is seasonal from spring right up until the beginning of November. I've haven't worked over a week now and already I am taking it pretty hard. It wouldn't be as bad if I could find something else to tide me over. I have been scouring everywhere for a job and cannot find anything. At this point I really don't care what I do... scrub toilets... change old people's nappies... whatever, I just want to support my family. I used to believe that if you truly want to work, you will find a job, but it's simply not true in this regard. I think it's the area we live in... rural Norfolk. There's just not much going on at all!

This all couldn't have come at a worse time really for us.

My wife is having a baby and will be going on maternity leave the end of this week.

And of course, it's Christmas time coming up.

At this point, I'm starting to panic and thinking, "AHHH WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!"

I'm sure I'm not the only one. It's a tough time for a lot of people. I was in Norwich the other week and some beggar came up to this Scottish guy and was like "Spare a few quid mate?" Haha, the Scottish guy like flipped out. "NO! Haven't you seen the news lately? Everyone is ****ing skint! Piss off!" A more humorous side to the credit crunch I suppose.

Well, tomorrow, as a last ditch effort, I will venture into Norwich and search for work there. Work is work... even if it means spending £8.50 to get to and back everyday.

Anyone else have any similar problems?

Thanks for listening. :)
Democrats and Republicans - fiddling while Rome burns.

• *swelch2
  • Liked: 0
Re: Need job
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 09:17:12 PM »
I think loads of us are in the same boat :(  I arrived in August and have been looking pretty much non stop since September with random one day jobs few and far between from agencies.  I just keep telling myself that it is quite a slow time now with the recession and what not...Have you applied with loads of agencies?  I know lots of the shops in my town are hiring seasonal help for Christmas time and I am getting on submitting those applications!  Good luck :)  I know it is really tough and hard to not have a job...I have never NOT had a job in the last 8 years and I just don't do idle well...:)  It will all turn around!  It has too :)  Good luck!!
Even after all this time the sun never says to the Earth "You owe me."
Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky.
-Hafiz

Sponsored Links