Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: family VISA !!  (Read 515 times)

• Liked: 0
family VISA !!
« on: November 13, 2008, 02:13:31 PM »
my uncle got a family visa.HE is a turkish citizen but married with french citizen and now they divorced.and he would like to know if he can change is visa by an another visa //??

THANKSFULLY

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: family VISA !!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 02:54:29 PM »
He needs to see if he qualifies for Rights of Residence, by virtue of the length of his residence in the UK, or, if he has been in the same employment for 12 months, whether he qualifies for leave to remain under the Ankara Agreements.

Just a quick note, it may help you more if you posted on another forum, such as http://www.ukresident.com/  The UKYankee board is focused towards US nationals coming to the UK, and as such you will only have a few people (me, Garry) who would be able to assist in any depth, as most will not have experience with things such as the Ankara Agreements, and only a few will know about Rights of Residence.  The other board will have many more people who will have been in your position, and will have first hand experience.  And Garry and I are there too.  ;D

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »
Agreed.

We are not competent to offer a world-wide resource because there's no depth of personal experiences outside of US/UK LDR's.

In addition to the sites Vicky mentioned, I also make the odd appearance on English Girlfriends of Turkish Men http://ca.msnusers.com/browse.msnw?catid=264  because they are such sweethearts.  You can get help there.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 06:16:06 PM »
Wow.  I had no idea there were so many English women dating Turkish men!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab