Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse and Family Member Visa Documentation Requirements  (Read 448 times)

Spouse and Family Member Visa Documentation Requirements
« on: November 18, 2008, 08:40:47 PM »
OK guys...I'm gathering all the required documentation (I never would have guessed I needed so much information!) for my visa application and my daughter's.  I have found so many threads with useful information for the spouse visa, but not much information here in regards to the visa for my child.  I have received the approval from my daughter's father to allow her to settle in the UK with me and my husband, and I also have her passport and visa photos.  My understanding is that the "sponsorship undertaking" form is only required if the child is already residing in the UK...is that correct?  My husband is going to mention both of us (my daughter and I) in the letter he writes to support the application.  Is there any additional information that is needed to include with my daughter's application that we won't already have included in my application?  Also, do I include her application in the same package as mine?  I'm assuming yes, and just notate in my cover page that both applications are included, with the supporting documentations being applicable to both.  These questions may be blindly obvious, but with all the stress I have going on right now, I want to make sure I'm not overlooking some critical documentation. 

Thanks in advance!

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Spouse and Family Member Visa Documentation Requirements
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 08:49:33 PM »
How old is your daughter?

When did you get married and where?
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 09:05:40 PM »
Oops...sorry...I'm famous for putting too much information in one post and not enough in others. 

My daughter is 4 1/2. 
We were married on September 25, 2008 in the US. 
He was here for one week and then went back to the UK, while me and my daughter stayed here in America. 

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:20:54 AM »
Also want to confirm that my daughter does NOT need biometrics??

• Banned

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 12:38:53 PM »
You are spot on!

No sponsorship declaration needed, two applications in the same envelope, no biometrics for your daughter.

Vicky

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 01:37:40 PM »
Thanks Vicky!!  I was waiting for you to grab on to this and whip me ars* if I was wrong!

;D

• Banned

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 01:49:42 PM »
And you went an spoiled my fun by being right  >:(

;)

Vicky

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 01:54:58 PM »
OK...I THINK this will be my final visa question (I'm dying to click submit on the online application and set up bio appointment and be done with this!!!!). 

I'm sending emails, letters (hand-written with the envelops and postmarks), IM logs (amongst other things, but this question is specifically for the previously mentioned items) to prove the "intervening devotion" in our relationship.  Can someone advise how much is too much?  I have logs of every IM we ever sent to each other that would probably be about 1000 pages if I printed it out (so I'm obviously not doing that), and I have every email ever sent (there are hundreds).  I know no one wants to read all that but I also want to prove this isn't a "sham marriage" so I'm wondering how much to send? 

I'm also wondering how to actually print the IMs if anyone has help on the technical part of it...we use Skype and I don't see how to print directly from the Skype IM box.  Should I copy and paste to Word and edit the log from there?  I don't want them to think I "faked" the logs by doing it that way.

• Banned

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 01:57:09 PM »
'Intervening devotion' is NOT a legal requirement!

Don't go overboard, really.  If you have regular e-mails you don't even need the IM logs.

Vicky

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 02:04:16 PM »
YEAH!!  ;D

(I think I'm done with visa questions now...crossing fingers)

Sponsored Links