Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Leah did you make some changes  (Read 3213 times)

• Liked: 1
Leah did you make some changes
« on: November 24, 2008, 03:45:17 PM »
I use to go from one subject to another by clicking on "go up" and that would take me up to the postings and they would eliminate the ones that I had read. This morning when I do that it takes me up to the top of the page instead???

Please disregard. I think it was happening because I had not read all the posting on the subject.

What does everyone else do? Do you click the go back arrow or press go up?????

Also on the left of the subject are two columns with icons that look like pages or ... what is their functions? Maybe a shortcut I don't know about. I'm always looking for shortcuts :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:56:01 PM by Jim »

• Liked: 24
Re: Leah did you make some changes
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:54:05 PM »
I've only last week installed the recent software security update and a plugin which should not have had anything to do with what you're experiencing. It could be an issue with a corrupt cookie, in which case you should try deleting your cookies and login again, or, it could be corrupt data in the read posts logs, in which case database maintenance is needed. I will do some maintenance in the morning and hope that solves it. :) Apologies for the inconvenience.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »
I was trying to find the postings for "welcome wagon" so I tried for search but that appears to be something different now.
How would I find "Welcome Wagon"?
Also what does reputation mean as listed in the left with a persons profile?
I appologize if you have explained that before.
Jim

• My Flickr page
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 10:31:02 PM »
The reputation explanation can be found here: http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=51575.0
"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?" ~Henry Ward Beecher

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 10:49:04 PM »

How would I find "Welcome Wagon"?

At the top of this page (use your scroll up on the side) you should see 'UK-Yankee Forum' above 'Current Events' which is above 'Website Help and Comments'  which is about 'Leah did you make some changes?'. 

If you click on 'UK-Yankee Forum' it will take you to the main forum page.  There you will see all the sub-forums.  Near the top under 'Current Events' is 'Welcome Wagon'.

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 12:26:57 AM »
I've noticed something... I used to be able to post pics but now I can't do it.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 09:43:46 AM »
I've noticed something... I used to be able to post pics but now I can't do it.

You can't post attachments to forum posts? Just trying to clarify exactly what you mean. It doesn't give you the option any more or it gives an error when you try?

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 01:48:03 PM »
You can't post attachments to forum posts? Just trying to clarify exactly what you mean. It doesn't give you the option any more or it gives an error when you try?

It doesn't give the option anymore - I noticed this yesterday when I was giving balmerhon fashion advice. ;D

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 01:48:51 PM »
It doesn't give the option anymore - I noticed this yesterday when I was giving balmerhon fashion advice. ;D

Yes. That's why I posted a link rather than the pic itself. How did you do it, Meg?
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 02:14:17 PM »
I used the [ IMG ] tag: [ IMG=the url of the photo ] but obviously without the spaces.  It's the same as the < img src > tag in HTML. :)

ETA:  There's a button for it on the line above the smileys - just under the button for italics.  You have to have already uploaded the photo somewhere like photobucket, though, of course!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 02:15:59 PM by Meg »

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »
I've still got it in the reply box.  Under other options.

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 04:07:59 PM »
I do, too - now!  But not yesterday. ;D

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 06:16:23 PM »
I haven't changed anything, but, the permissions system isn't straightforward, so if something didn't work, aside from general membergroup permissions, there is also per board permissions, so please double check that it's working on the board/topic it wasn't working on before.

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »
That's it.  It's not working in Girl Talk. It's working in Chit Chat though.

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 06:52:13 PM »
Ah, cool. Thanks everyone. Meg, that's what I figured. But I didn't have the pic of the dress elsewhere. Good for future reference though!

Sponsored Links