Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Why don't UK companies ship through the post office?  (Read 3203 times)

• London Pet Butler
  • Liked: 0
Re: Why don't UK companies ship through the post office?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 01:16:08 PM »
Yes, I've never sent/received mail for Italy, but I've heard the rampant horror stories.  :-X

• Liked: 3
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »

Now headed for the UK, it seems UK folks are resigned to that. I'll have to take my cue from them who'd surely know better than I and adjust my expectations downward. And that's very different.

The instances when it goes missing get publicised, however I don't recall knowingly having anything go missing.
And when I ordered something from Amazon the Sunday prior to Christmas it arrived 2 days later when I really didn't expect to get it until after Christmas.
"We don't want our chocolate to get cheesy!"

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 03:13:06 PM »
My point is, I don't have the expectation that my mail won't be delivered in the US, so much so that I wouldn't even use it or instruct my employees not to, too.

I don't have the expectation of mail not being delivered in the UK at all - in almost 20 years of sending and receiving UK mail, I don't think I've ever had anything go missing and I don't recall having any problems with the UK postal service in all that time either ::)!

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 03:23:48 PM »
I don't have the expectation of mail not being delivered in the UK at all - in almost 20 years of sending and receiving UK mail, I don't think I've ever had anything go missing and I don't recall having any problems with the UK postal service in all that time either ::)!

Ditto. I have had nothing but good experiences with the Royal Mail.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 08:21:03 PM »
I tried to get a smallish package delivered before Xmas to my family at home.  I live in Wales.  I have done this before through Parcel force but as they were too expensive I tried Fed Ex.  I put sweets and crisps in small decorative xmas bags.  Thats it.  Then tried to send it from my DHs work to my brothers in Boston.  After three weeks and being told it was in Boston and after being asked three times for an itemized list of what was in the box - it was returned to my DHs office.  When we phoned the local Fed Ex office they were not even aware that it had been returned.  Luckily they did not charge us for any of it.  But even at that before it was returned they had doubled the cost we were originally quoted.  So for me I'll use Parcel Force. 

Sponsored Links