Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Maintenance question  (Read 426 times)

• Liked: 0
Maintenance question
« on: December 27, 2008, 04:55:25 PM »
I'm getting my Tier 1 application together and meet the requirements with 75 points.

As far as the maintenance requirement is concerned, I have just over 2800GBP set aside in an account (thought this would be easiest to show rather then keeping it in my checking account).

I'm under the impression that I'll need to provide statements from my checking account to show proof of salary (in addition to my monthly pay slips). I live pretty much pay check to pay check but have that money set aside. Will it affect my funds requirements if they see that I'm paying credit card bills or go into my over draft (which is only 200GBP)?

Hope this makes sense!

Re: Maintenance question
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »
I don't think your credit card balances and overdraft will affect the application. As long as you provide the required evidence (proof that you have maintained at least 2800 GBP over 3 months), I think the maintenance requirement will be met.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 02:03:49 AM »
I was in your situation--living from paycheck to paycheck, and I have a couple of credit card bills that I'm paying off.  The balance from my checking account wasn't always that high, but I had my maintenance funds in a separate account that I didn't touch.  I was approved for my Tier 1 visa, so I shouldn't think you would have any problems.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 09:53:54 AM »
This is a bit of a gray area right now and there aren't enough example to show exactly how they are supposed to handle it when, let's say, your chequing account gets overdrawn by X amount that when subtracted from your maintenance funds Y means you haven't maintained the proper amount of money.

If the overdraft of the account does not exceed the maintenance funds you should be perfectly fine, if it does, then this is the gray area we aren't entirely sure about.  Credit cards and other debt (like a mortgage) should not effect your application.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

Sponsored Links