Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: quick biometric/ID question  (Read 535 times)

• Liked: 0
quick biometric/ID question
« on: December 28, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »
I know the roll-out for the ID cards has begun but I am struggling to find a definite answer anywhere.

We are doing an ILR application (marriage) in February and I'm not sure where we stand about these cards? Will my hubby require one with this application? Do we need to make our appointment before applying so it is all in place, or will we get called to go have his photos and fingerprints taken when the application is approved?

I have this horrible feeling that I am missing something and really don't want to mess up his visa because we haven't got this organised.

thanks in advance

• Liked: 0
Re: quick biometric/ID question
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 06:51:55 PM »
SET(M) doesn't require biometrics (at this time) - only FLR(M) and FLR(S).  I'd keep an eye on the UKBA pages, but February seems a bit short notice to introduce it - though they've probably done stupider things....

Information can be found here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/managingborders/idcardsforforeignnationals/

Now you can go back to worrying about the wedding.  :)

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: quick biometric/ID question
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 08:31:12 AM »
Also, those appyling who do require biometrics are notified of this.  If applying by post, you will receive a letter in the mail requiring you to book your appointment via the IEB.  If you apply in person, it will be part of your application process.

Basically if you are using the most current form then there is nothing to worry about.  Using an outdated form is the biggest reason people get rejected at the SET(M) stage.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

Sponsored Links