Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions about getting married Stateside  (Read 288 times)

• Liked: 0
Questions about getting married Stateside
« on: December 30, 2008, 08:11:33 PM »
Okay I have a few questions about my FH coming over here to marry and then returning back to the UK. For visa purposes does he need to go to the "in person" interview with me after I file online for the spousal visa? Also does he need to have his own flat (right now he is taking care of a family member in their place) and show that lease and not the rental agreement with the family member in order for it to meet accommodation requirements. And one last one. Can we get the marriage license as soon as he comes over (a month before the wedding ceremony and reception and start filing before the proper wedding?) Everyone I have spoke to filed their spousal visa in-person in Chicago but that is no longer allowed so I am slightly confused on how it all works now. Thanks so much to anyone that can help.

Re: Questions about getting married Stateside
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 08:22:59 PM »
He does not need to go with you..actually he can't I don't think because in-person appointments are no longer done. You'll need to go get your biometrics done before you send off your app, but he won't need to be there.

For the rest, I'll leave it to the more knowledgeable to answer. :) Good luck.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 08:27:17 PM »
so the biometrics  is that in-person interview AFTER your on-line application, I got that part then you mail it all off

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 08:32:33 PM »
No in-person interview, you just file for visa online, and at the end of your online application you schedule your biometrics appointment and get that done within 2 weeks.  They just scan your hands and take a photo.  Then you send off all your documents to whichever office you are applying to. 

As for the marriage license, it depends on which state you are in.  We were married in Texas, and you were allowed to get the license up to 30 days before the ceremony, but at least 72 hours before the ceremony.  He will have to go with you for that.  You can just google marriage license info for the state you plan to marry in.  Good Luck!   

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab