Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: EEA family permit people? Question about application/travel  (Read 640 times)

• Liked: 0
EEA family permit people? Question about application/travel
« on: December 31, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »
Hi all,
Just needed some advice from those of you who are familiar with the EEA family permit...after I submitted my application (and responded that my husband will not be traveling with me-- he will already be in the UK and will be waiting for me at the airport) I got the documents checklist, which includes "written confirmation that your EEA sponsor will accompany you into the UK." My husband has been told by several people that he should plan on coming to the US once my family permit goes through in order to travel with me back to the UK. He's especially nervous because of my history of getting refused entry back in October (before we were married). However, my point of view is that all we need to include is some kind of sponsor letter from him, confirming that he'll be at the airport, and that there's no need to get a whole other round-trip ticket. 
There's also the issue of my dog. We are planning on bringing my dog to the UK and have her on the PETS scheme and all that. I want to bring her with me when I come over on the family permit, as bringing her later would necessitate another round-trip ticket (since there aren't any approved routes close to where I live in the US, I'll pretty much have to get her to Washington DC or Atlanta and then fly with her). My husband is worried that this could make entry clearance more complicated for me if my dog is on the same plane, even if I have the family permit, documentation of my refusal, and everything else. Is it safe to fly with a pet if you're coming over on a limited-period entry visa for the first time? Does that raise an alert or any suspicions with immigration? Does immigration even need to know that my dog's on the same plane? Is it OK for me to come over without my husband on the same flight, given my past refusal? ai yi yi-- advice appreciated!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: EEA family permit people? Question about application/travel
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »
 "written confirmation that your EEA sponsor will accompany you into the UK."

Not needed if you have proven he is already in the UK.  Not sure who these 'people' are who have advised your husband that he needs to travel with you, but I suggest that he gets them to pay for his return flight, as it is a total waste of money.

Your concerns about travelling with the dog are unfounded.

Vicky

Sponsored Links