Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Period inbetween Fiance Visa Granted and FLR being granted  (Read 376 times)

• Liked: 0
Period inbetween Fiance Visa Granted and FLR being granted
« on: January 02, 2009, 04:50:33 PM »
Firstly Happy New Year to you all,

Secondly this is a great site which I've only found today and wil happy recommend to others. If only i'd found it 9 months ago I'd have a few less grey hairs!!!

Im a UK citizen my fiancee is US. I understand the process of her applying for Visa at British Consulate but that I will need to provide relevant information showing I can support her.

Herein lies my question. I've recently moved back to live with my parents to save money. The intention is, within two weeks of my fiancee arriving in the UK we would get our own place (rented) and be married soon thereafter. Financially not a problem.

Once married we will apply for her FLR visa. How will the change in address from her Fiance Visa place of residence to our new home affect our FLR application?

Also, will me initially living at home prove to be beneficial on her application for a fiance visa or should I move into a new residence before she applies??

Thanks in advance

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Re: Period inbetween Fiance Visa Granted and FLR being granted
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:59:06 PM »
Once married we will apply for her FLR visa. How will the change in address from her Fiance Visa place of residence to our new home affect our FLR application?

Basically I think your answer is it won't, assuming you meant that you will be living at X place when she applies for her fiancée visa and another place after you get married.

Also, will me initially living at home prove to be beneficial on her application for a fiance visa or should I move into a new residence before she applies??

If living at home, you will need to prove that she can live there (permission from your parents assuming they own, or the landlord if they rent) and that the home is big enough to safely accomodate you and your fiancée (basically if it is just you and your parents, then two double bedrooms should be sufficient).  If there are hords of people living with your parents and you sleep on the setée, best to move first!  ;)

Also, not to imply that if you are living with your parents that you are under 21, but since November both of you will have to be 21 or over.  I know that lots of folks move back in older then 21, but it was just one of those things that might be applicable to you.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Liked: 0
Re: Period inbetween Fiance Visa Granted and FLR being granted
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 07:23:47 PM »
thanks very much for the prompt response. Fortunately I'm over 21 so here's hoping we don't run into any problems! once again thanks for your help

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab