Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Return of Documents Service...  (Read 478 times)

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
Return of Documents Service...
« on: January 05, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »
I was looking at UKBA for something else and found this, which seems to indicate that for in country applications you can book into Croydon to be able to go pick up your documents.  Anyone know anything about this?

From the website:
Return of documents (Croydon only)
Croydon public enquiry office offers a service to return documents to people whose documents are currently with the UK Border Agency but urgently require them to travel.
We can only offer this service if you contact us in advance because we need to locate and retrieve the documents for your collection. Please do not arrive at the public enquiry office without first phoning the immigration enquiry bureau to ask for advice.
Where possible, please arrive before 1100 on the day, as this will increase the chances of us locating and returning your documents on the same day.
If your documents have been sent to us with an application for British citizenship, you should contact the nationality office in Liverpool.
We will try to retrieve and return your documents on the same day wherever possible but we cannot guarantee that your application will have been completed so please only ask us to return your documents if you need them urgently.
You may be asked for evidence of your urgent need to travel when you apply for this service.

It also seems to imply that asking for the return of your documents doesn't mean you are withdrawing you application anymore.  (Unless I am mis-reading something)
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Return of Documents Service...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
They may imply that it doesn't mean withdrawal, but unless an EEA application or citizenship it will mean withdrawing.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab