Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A Gift for your Toddler  (Read 1473 times)

A Gift for your Toddler
« on: June 08, 2004, 03:35:56 PM »
I can't believe I haven't mentioned this before!

There is a channel here called Noggin that does commercial-free kids' programming all day.  Recently they started showing videos made by this woman named Laurie Berkner.  She does cute little children's songs.

The kids LOVE it.  My dd gets all excited, she dances along, she sings along.  I was in a Borders a couple of weeks ago and there were people looking for her CDs because their kids had seen it and loved it.  (Borders was sold out, as was Barnes & Noble.)

She has a website at www.twotomatoes.com or you can buy her videos and/or CDs at Amazon.

I swear...they really do love it, and you won't hate it either.  It's pretty catchy and cute stuff.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 03:42:20 PM by SAF »

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
Re: A Gift for your Toddler
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 04:02:03 PM »
I like tha station too and I'm 25. They also have it in America and they play MIFFY (which plays on ITV in England.) Love it!   :-*
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 04:46:54 PM »
I'm 33 and the Noggin in the US had a show called Degrassi the Next Generation. (I used to watch Degrassi when it was on 10 years ago or more) I can't believe I am admiting to this, but I'd love to see that show here, any idea if that show is on too?

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 04:49:56 PM »
ACK!!  I am OBSESSED with Degrassi: The Next Generation!!

They just started the new season last week, hubby and I watch it religiously.

Apparently they will be releasing the first three seasons on DVD in the US this summer.  There is an official website that has the info but I don't remember the addy...just type "Degrassi" into your search engine, it's like the 2nd or third site on the list (on Yahoo anyway).

Yay!  Another adult who loves this show!

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 05:00:49 PM »
YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!  You have no idea how happy you have made me;)  Wow!!!  Did you watch the old Degrassi's when they were on PBS?

Are all the Sky channels the same?  Do you know what channel it is on?  Does that mean Sabrina and Clueless are also on at night?

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 05:03:33 PM »
Sabrina and Clueless are indeed on at night, but as I am still in the US I don't know anything about Sky.

If I'm not mistaken, the website has a channel and time listing.

And I watched the old Degrassis sometimes, but they didn't show it very regularly on my PBS staton growing up, so I only remember a few things.  That is available on VHS, and I think they're doing a DVD release of it as well.

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 05:06:12 PM »
Uhh oh, I am in the UK!!!!  So does that mean it's not on here? 

I watched it in the US too when I was there. 

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 05:13:42 PM »
Sorry...I checked the website, and it look like it's only Canada, the US and Australia (do you get any Aussie channels?)

Do you have a VCR or DVD player that plays Region One DVDs?  You could order it when it comes out.

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 05:18:23 PM »
Sorry...I checked the website, and it look like it's only Canada, the US and Australia (do you get any Aussie channels?)

Do you have a VCR or DVD player that plays Region One DVDs?  You could order it when it comes out.

Oh well!!!

We have both, so I will order them for sure!  OK, so I also set my VCR at home to tape the shows every Friday night I hope it works.  Yes I am a geek!!!

Sponsored Links