Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Longest. Week. Ever.  (Read 1544 times)

• Liked: 0
Longest. Week. Ever.
« on: January 26, 2009, 04:05:15 PM »
I've taken an informal poll, and I'm one of many that feels last week may have been the longest-feeling week, possibly ever. And this week, frankly, is not shaping up any better. It could be that my vacation to Newcastle to tour the campus and see my boyfriend is in two weeks, but it honestly feels like I'll never get there. I try to think backwards... what was I doing two weeks ago? And I honestly can't remember; it feels like so long ago!

I'm sticking this in Grievances because I'm just looking to vent a bit. I'm ornery and have become a crazy clockwatcher to my dismay.

Tick tock tick tock.

Thanks for listening. :)

• Liked: 1
Re: Longest. Week. Ever.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 06:01:36 PM »
Personally, last week went by very fast for me, but THIS week I dread.  I think it may be one of the longest ever.  I am spending a long weekend with my BF starting NEXT Thrusday, so I feel your pain.  What things can we do to make the time pass!? 

I swear that LDRs have made me even more impatient than ever before (which I never thought possible).  I have two calendars in my office, a small pocket calendar in my purse, and more at home.  Sometimes I find myself just staring at the calendar on my office wall focusing on a future date that seems soooo far away...

Ok, now I sound like a lunatic, but I second this particular greivance for sure!

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:16:14 PM »
Nope, I agree.  My baby's due date is Friday.  This one's a crawler.
I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 06:40:43 PM »
Oh Ellie!  This will be a LONG week for you, then!!  Maybe if you ask her very nicely she will come a few days early?  My best thoughts to you and the little one! :) 

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »
Congrats, Ellie! What an exciting, though I bet quite long, week for you!

Thanks for the commiseration! Makes me feel better that I'm not alone in this boat!

• Banned

• "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"
    • Lucky's Playlist
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »
I always hate the begining of the week...I dont get chirpy until Wednesday, I know I have broken the barrier then and its downhill all the way until Friday!  :)
I AM LIKE MARMITE - YOU EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

MY MUSIC - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/12772939531/standalone

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 04:48:15 AM »
I am with you ladies, the next 10 days are going to creep by! 

Good luck EllieJean and congrats! 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab