Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa Application in, Biometric Appointment Question  (Read 5162 times)

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 1
Visa Application in, Biometric Appointment Question
« on: February 05, 2009, 04:10:42 PM »
Hi, I have spent the past 5 hours doing my on-line application for Fiancee (settlement visa). I have paid and set up my biometrics appointment for this coming Monday. I just have a question, it states that I have to bring all my supporting documentation to the appointment. Does that mean bring everything that I am about to submit to the Chicago Consulate to the appointment? Just a bit confused as I didn't see anything regarding the biometrics appointment on any past posts. I don't want to forget something and have to start all over again.
Thank in advance for any help!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Visa Application in, Biometric Appointment Question
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:14:56 PM »
That is a general e-mail which doesn't apply to every country.  As far as I am aware you only need to bring your passport and the print out of the application form.

Hopefully someone who has done this in Chicago will confirm.

Vicky

• Hi there.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »
My actual biometrics appointment is in Orlando and then after it is complete I was prompted to send the entire application to Chicago Consulate.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 04:19:08 PM »
As far as I am aware you only need to bring your passport and the print out of the application form.

That was the case in February when I did biometrics for my WP via Chicago. I had the entire package but was told to leave the rest in the car and bring in only those two pieces.

Note that this was pre-ID card days.

• London Pet Butler
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 04:34:20 PM »
It's confusing the way it says online. But, you're meant to bring only the entire printout of the online application. Be sure to sign it and include the receipted page, so the biometrics company can see that you've paid. (Also, include that page when you send it off to the embassy.) You can stable the pages together for ease.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »
You do only have to take your appointment letter and the passport to your biometrics appointment.

I think the confusion arises because the online thing is setup to deal with applications from all over the world, where for the most part the biometrics and the submission of the application are a one stop shop, whereas in the US the ASCs are only half of the job of a normal VAC.

You probably got two letters, one that says:

Visa4UK - Appointment Confirmation Email

Your unique Appointment Reference number is: VAR00XXXXXX

Your appointment is now confirmed for: Wednesday, 17 December 2008 at 12:00

You must attend the following appointment location: -

USCIS ASC Naperville Application Support Center
888 South Route 59, Suite 124
Naperville
IL
60540-0962

You should keep your unique appointment booking reference number safe as it will be required if you need to change your appointment.  To change or cancel your appointment visit http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk and select the 'Existing Appointments - Login' option.  Please bring a print-out of your appointment booking confirmation with you to your appointment, or you may not be permitted. PLEASE NOTE that the booking confirmation must be printed from the Visa4UK website. Email appointment confirmations will not be accepted.

You must bring your APPOINTMENT BOOKING CONFIRMATION NOTICE and your PASSPORT with you.   Your biometrics cannot be captured without these TWO documents.  No other documents are required for your visit to the Application Support Center. Please Note that cell phones, cameras, or other recording devices are NOT PERMITTED to be taken into the Application Support Center.  IMPORTANT ยน All your supporting documents, including your application, travel document and your stamped biometric appointment confirmation form should be mailed to the visa issuing office shown below within TWO weeks of having your biometrics taken

British Consulate General Chicago
400 N.Michigan Avenue
Suite 1300
Chicago Illinois

and another that says:

This is your unique Application Number. Please keep it safe for your reference:

GWF005XXXXXX

You must now take your printed application, supporting documents and the appropriate fee (unless paid on-line with this application) to the address shown below on the agreed date and time of your appointment.  If you are in the United States of America, Australia or New Zealand you must SEND these documents to the visa issuing office shown on your printed copy of your application form. No personal callers will be admitted to the visa office location.  Your application will not be accepted at any other location. Failure to submit documents will result in a delay and/or lead to the refusal of your application.

USCIS ASC Naperville Application Support Center
888 South Route 59, Suite 124
Naperville
IL
60540-0962

The cost of your application, which you will need to pay, is: USD 328.00 plus USD 12.00 postage..

The following supporting documents are required:

* application fee and postage fee (if applicable) - either money order or cashiers cheque, personal cheques will not be accepted
* your current passport
* your old passport or a copy of it
* Immigration status (Original not copy):e.g. Permanent residence card, Valid I-94 H1-B - L-1 - B-1 I-20 (Signed on reverse side) IAP-66 Employment authorisation card with advance parole document
* evidence of funds available to you, in the form of detailed bank statements covering at least the last three months
* your original marriage certificate
* your original birth certificate
* One recent colour passport photograph (not more than six months old) Please note: scanned or copies of photos are not acceptable
* completed online application form
* After you have attended your appointment please send your documents to: British Consulate General, Chicago, The Wrigley Building, 13th Floor, 400 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611

Slightly confusing, but I think people get the underlying message to go and give biometrics first, then send the application to the consulate.

• Hi there.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 04:50:13 PM »
Sorry, yes, I got the second email confirming appointment and it stated to bring printout of application and passport only. Thanks so much! Can't wait to get it all off to Chicago. Although I doubt I will sleep until my passport is back and I am ready to go!

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 04:51:52 PM »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab