Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Changes to Tier 1 PBS April onwards  (Read 20266 times)

Re: Changes to Tier 1 PBS April onwards
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »
The 10 year rule was brought in by an EC ruling.  In today's times, it's virtually impossible to qualify for ILR.  They won't remove the person, but they will not give them ILR either.

Interesting, so 10 years of legal stay counts for nothing?  Lets see what happens tomorrow.

« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2009, 10:19:18 PM »
Interesting, so 10 years of legal stay counts for nothing?  Lets see what happens tomorrow.

It is very difficult to pin down exactly what 10 years lawful residence actually means.  More difficult than lots of people think I would bet. 

That's why so very and very few qualify.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2009, 12:00:21 AM »
Indeed.  It sounds so simple, but is probably the hardest category to qualify for right now.

Vicky

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2009, 11:07:21 AM »
This appears to be what it may boil down to. So what categories are likely to qualify, is Long Residence (10 years legal stay on any grounds) going to be one of them?..or just Ancestry category? Anyone has a list which categories will qualify?

• Banned

« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2009, 11:22:12 AM »
I don't really understand your question.  What categories are going to qualify for what?

Vicky

« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2009, 11:59:27 AM »
What categories are going to qualify for what?

Vicky

Currently 10 years legal stay is one category leading to ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain). So this is one category that qualifys for ILR, others include Ancestry....
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:06:34 PM by Dthemigrant »

• Banned

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2009, 12:01:44 PM »
So you are asking if the 10 years long residence rule is going to continue to exist?  We don't know.

Vicky

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2009, 12:11:59 PM »
So you are asking if the 10 years long residence rule is going to continue to exist?  We don't know.

Vicky

Yes, partially correct....From what i know now, it seems people on the way to applying for ILR under current rules will be allowed to do so 12 months after commencement of this new bill. And i hope the category i am in is not left out. I see this as fair play, even if it is a concession.

I mean whether it is going to continue to exist for one more year.

Ok since this thread is about PBS Tier 1 stuff, we are going a little off topic, so for more on this topic we can goto the bill thread.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:18:42 PM by Dthemigrant »

• Banned

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »
I don't know what category you are on, so I can't possibly say.  And the 10 year long res isn't a concession, it's in the rules.

Vicky

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2009, 01:21:09 PM »
I don't know what category you are on, so I can't possibly say.  And the 10 year long res isn't a concession, it's in the rules.

Vicky
Hmm yes you are right. But this rule is a concession as i understand it on top of my head. Whatever it may be, as long as it exists things should be fine, otherwise the long haul may be necessary.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:25:00 PM by Dthemigrant »

• Banned

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2009, 01:21:44 PM »
???

Vicky

• Banned

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2009, 01:39:35 PM »
Something cannot be both a rule and a concession  ::)

Vicky

• Banned

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2009, 01:42:26 PM »
I think it would be appropriate for you to post in the 'introduction' section.  At the moment, it looks as though you are purely on UK Yankee to gain access to the Advicacy section, and I for one am a little uncomfortable about that, especially as no one knows what your vested interest is and there is some contentious stuff in there.

Vicky

• Liked: 10
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2009, 01:56:38 PM »
I could be wrong, but I suspect that Dthemigrant may not have English as his/her first language, which could be one of the reasons why his/her posts don't make sense to us.

Apologies in advance if this is not the case!

« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »
Something cannot be both a rule and a concession  ::)

Vicky
I think i've got you confused, apologies for that. From the reading i've done on how Long Residency applications are treated by caseworkers, somewhere in caseworker guidance it stated that this criteria which is a rule, has been a concession. Please follow this link and see section under background which should explain what i'm talking about.  http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idischapter18/longresidence/Long_Residence_IDI-_final_d1.pdf?view=Binary
I hope you are clear now.
...At the moment, it looks as though you are purely on UK Yankee to gain access to the Advicacy section
I dont mind if i join or not, as long as i have done my bit in the efforts to ensure fairness. Perhaps most members in the Advocacy section may be experts in tackling the immigration issues, like yourself. You all are doing alot anyway, so i'm not that keen, but if i can help in anyway then sure i would be happy to
I for one am a little uncomfortable about that
.. if its discomforting then i assure you thats not intended. I dont mind not joining.
, especially as no one knows what your vested interest is and there is some contentious stuff in there.

The main interest at the moment, like for many others, is to be supportive of efforts being made to ensure fairness in the lawmaking process. Dont know of any other interest, unless you want to be more specific. Hope that helps.  

London-lad: English is not a problem. I dont want to say more, as we are already way off the topic.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 02:47:54 PM by Dthemigrant »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab