Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Changes to Tier 1 PBS April onwards  (Read 20269 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Changes to Tier 1 PBS April onwards
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2009, 03:45:50 PM »
Does anybody know if these rules are applicable to hsmp/tier 1 extensions also or not?
i cannot see it being mentioned any where.
iam due to have my hsmp extension in sep but donot hold a masters degree, so concerned.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »
They haven't said yet.

Vicky

• London Pet Butler
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2009, 04:12:33 PM »
Muffin, I don't think it will be the case that you wouldn't be able to renew- the government has already lost a very high profile case with the original HSMP holders who didn't meet the new criteria for extension and were kicked out, and are now allowed back in. There will no doubt be transitional arrangements for these cases, or the government will again fall foul of the law and face another expensive litigation that it will lose. The main effect will be on people not yet granted a visa.

pkumar, this might be useful to know if you're HSMP going for an extension.

• My blog!
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2009, 04:54:51 PM »
We have to be careful about that HSMP ruling.  UKBA got their hand slapped and then was forced to make a concession in implimentation.  They are ensuring that the reasons they got slapped do not occur again.  This is not by making transistional concessions, but by writing the applications in such a way as to ensure that no transistional concession is expected.

Also, there was a Ancestry ruling recently that in part undermines the HSMP ruling.

UKBA does not like transistional concessions, never has, and will actively fight to not have them in most cases.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• London Pet Butler
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 05:19:05 PM »
I understand what you mean. I was assuming that if the poster was on HSMP, no such disclaimer was included in his/her original application.

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »
Thanks for the advice guyz
I have reset my application date to beginning of June since I have to leave my savings account untouched for the next three months. I also want to send my certificates to Naric (I know its not compulsory but it gives me something to do while I wait for my funds to mature).

Can someone explain to me what the 20000 pounds minimum on earning s means and how does it affect people applying from outside the UK. Currently based on the points based calculator I score 45 points on previous earnings.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 08:39:37 PM »
you don't need to push your application back just because you withdrew money from your account--as long as you don't go below the minimum required, you're fine. 

• My blog!
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:45 PM »
Can someone explain to me what the 20000 pounds minimum on earning s means and how does it affect people applying from outside the UK. Currently based on the points based calculator I score 45 points on previous earnings.

Follow the official calculator.  There is a formula that deals with different factors of global cost of living the attempts to somewhat neutralise that in the previous earnings.  You can find it here: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/tier1generalguidance.pdf

SA gets a 3.2 coversion rate.  So you take your previous earnings in SA and they will look at them, based on the spot rate for the last day of the period where you are claiming previous earnings and multiply by the 3.2 conversion rate.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
My Blog

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2009, 10:10:16 PM »
Thanks guys I just needed to make sure I am doing the right thing.

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2009, 10:20:44 PM »
In the case of someone with dependents do I need to show that I have maintenance funds for them when I make my initial application even if they don't intend to travel or join me in the next year or so, coz my wife is doing her degree and she still has a 1 1/2 years to complete the course and transferring her to the UK might not be the most economic decision given the high tuition costs in the UK compared to SA?

• My blog!
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2009, 07:01:38 AM »
You will have to show the maintence for them at the time they apply.

The amount of maintence will depend on when you apply.  If you have been in the UK for 12 months or more, the maintenance per dependant goes from £1600 to £533.  The 3 months, etc. would still apply from the point they submitted their applications.
Transpondia
My Blog

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2009, 08:36:47 AM »
Kitsonk - So for now I can go ahead and apply for myself and only show 2800pounds and state on the form that they won't be joining or going with me.

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2009, 12:05:16 PM »
Hi,

This is really urgent - I qualify for the current rules and the 3 month maintenance period for me ends on 20/03/2009 - i am planning to apply on 23/03/2009 through coureer - would i still be considered under the current rules ?? I do not qualify under the new rules!!! any ideas or help would be greatle appreciated!

Thanks!

• London Pet Butler
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2009, 12:19:28 PM »
Hi,

This is really urgent - I qualify for the current rules and the 3 month maintenance period for me ends on 20/03/2009 - i am planning to apply on 23/03/2009 through coureer - would i still be considered under the current rules ?? I do not qualify under the new rules!!! any ideas or help would be greatle appreciated!

Thanks!

Are you in the US? If so, remember that your actual date of application is considered to be the date you complete your biometrics (not the earlier date on which you apply online). Keeping that in mind, you may want to adjust your dates so that you get a biometrics appointment before the end of March 2009.

Hint:  you can begin your app online and save it; the system will store it for 7 days, IIRC, without paying. This way you can check the availability dates of biometrics in your area. 23/03/2009 perhaps?

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2009, 12:34:57 PM »
hi.. thanks for the reply - i am currently in the uk on a fresh talent visa! - online application? i dont really knw how to go about it?

Sponsored Links