Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Reputation Feature  (Read 12647 times)

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
Re: Reputation Feature
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 11:05:51 AM »
It looks as though everyone is down a point:  I have 2 "thumbs up" in my profile but am only showing a 1 reputation, one member who I'd given a plus point to is now showing zero again, and another who was on 2 after I awarded a point is now back to 1.
From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 11:10:24 AM »
well you still have more points then me lol I have none  :-[
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is to love
and to be loved in return"

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 11:25:05 AM »
It looks as though everyone is down a point:  I have 2 "thumbs up" in my profile but am only showing a 1 reputation, one member who I'd given a plus point to is now showing zero again, and another who was on 2 after I awarded a point is now back to 1.

We've established that everyone is down a point.   Leah will look into it when she get's a chance.

I need to check on this as I think I possibly have screwed something up today. Please bear with me until tomorrow when I can look at it.  :-[

It seems a good time to give everyone a polite reminder that points should be for positive posts.

Please give Rep/Kudos as a way of saying "thank you for posting that, it was great," or for good advice given, or for someone being supportive or a newcomer posting their intro. Please do not give award Reputation for flames or attacks or general negativity, they may be removed.

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 09:11:23 PM »
Wow, Mindy, just noticed you are kind of addicted to it...  It says you have donned out 58 awards so far  ;D

I didn't realise it was an "on-going" thing where I should focus on individual posts, but now that I get it, maybe I can catch up with Mindy!
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 11:01:03 PM »
Wow, Mindy, just noticed you are kind of addicted to it...  It says you have donned out 58 awards so far  ;D

I didn't realise it was an "on-going" thing where I should focus on individual posts, but now that I get it, maybe I can catch up with Mindy!

It's all part of my handing out compliments freely policy in life.  Plus, I think if people are posting positive stuff it makes the forum more positive and I like that -so that's why I give points.

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »

Please give Rep/Kudos as a way of saying "thank you for posting that, it was great," or for good advice given, or for someone being supportive or a newcomer posting their intro. Please do not give award Reputation for flames or attacks or general negativity, they may be removed.

Bump

Giving rep for what are basically flames or snarky posts is not on, people.  They'll be removed.

• Banned

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 12:28:19 PM »
Yeah, this idea was good. We should continue doing this way.

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 11:04:03 AM »
Why can't we give a reputation point under the News section?  I thought robertlewisca gave a good, thought out post when discussing the article Canadian being deported and I wanted to give him a props for it, as Mindy's posts sugggests.  Is there actually a good justified rational of why we can't, perhaps I am missing something?

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2009, 12:55:30 PM »
Why can't we give a reputation point under the News section?  I thought robertlewisca gave a good, thought out post when discussing the article Canadian being deported and I wanted to give him a props for it, as Mindy's posts sugggests.  Is there actually a good justified rational of why we can't, perhaps I am missing something?

We were able to for a while, but some people persisted in giving their friends rep points for flamey nasty posts so everybody lost the ability.  Sad, really.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab