Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worse Than An IA  (Read 215962 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: Worse Than An IA
« Reply #2550 on: April 18, 2019, 03:10:33 PM »
Work.

*deep breath*

That is all.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
*hugs*

I hope you get a long weekend!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• Liked: 114
« Reply #2551 on: April 18, 2019, 03:25:41 PM »
Thanks, all.

Yes, thankfully, long weekend ahead.

Might see if a bit of sunshine will lift my spirits as it's meant to be nice bank holiday weather!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #2552 on: May 13, 2019, 01:20:42 PM »
Finding it hard to concentrate today. Was told yesterday that my dad had some tests done and they've seen spots on his CT scan on his liver. Apparently all the tests he's done prior to now (including blood work) have been clean. The doctor EMAILED the results and said "possible liver problems!" (direct quote including exclamation point) vs. calling them in to discuss yet the test results he forwarded clearly said "metastatic" (which is obviously very bad so even worse that the doctor acted so casual about it). It's really frustrating because it's more than likely that the CT scan is correct but it's hard to accept and process because that's all we have just now as all other tests are showing fine. I know there's small bits of hope there because of these clean tests, but I'm a realistic (and naturally glass half-empty) so I'm not really focusing on the more slim chance that it'll be okay as I think that is far less likely to be the case.

For me, I just need a plan of action. What are the next steps. We can't know that until we know for sure that it is what we think it is and that's frustrating. They are prepared to book an appointment at one of the best cancer centres (Dana Farber) in the area and are running MRIs today (and PET scans if necessary) to even try to find a source for where it could be coming from if it's metastatic. They did a colonoscopy as he had prostate cancer years ago and even that showed all clean apparently (and he says he feels great but who really knows if he's just saying that or if it's not become a situation where he's feeling it just yet).

I'm at a team day as we have 11 new hires and it's hard to even want to be here. I am just waiting around to hear the results when I get home. Just got a text while typing this from my mom that the tests are done and they won't have results for 24 to 48 hours which is just more anxiety building. Just trying to keep my sh*t together.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #2553 on: May 13, 2019, 01:23:03 PM »
Big hugs and good thoughts x0Kiss0fDeath
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #2554 on: May 13, 2019, 01:25:40 PM »
Big hugs and good thoughts x0Kiss0fDeath

Thanks PB. Appreciate all the positive thoughts to make up for my stubborn lack of optimism.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2555 on: May 13, 2019, 02:07:00 PM »
So, so sorry you have been given this news KOD.  I think it's good that you are being pragmatic.  Sending you hugs and lots of love.

« Reply #2556 on: May 13, 2019, 02:11:40 PM »
Thanks Larrabee! Like I said, just trying to hold it all together and "keep calm and carry on" for the moment until we know more. At least I can invest energy into the new hires today as there's no point in checking my phone until tomorrow at least.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2557 on: May 13, 2019, 03:17:50 PM »
*at least* the medical side is moving quickly.

Huge hugs.  Keep us posted.

• Liked: 248
« Reply #2558 on: May 13, 2019, 06:57:32 PM »
So awful for you.  I'm keeping you in my thoughts. xxx

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #2559 on: May 13, 2019, 09:19:39 PM »
Really sorry to hear this XOD.

What's in the air right now?  Every single thread is about health problems, except Tami who has lime kool aid.

Here's my IA:
This morning I got in my car to find that somebody had opened the door (must have left it unlocked) and stole ALL MY CANDY.  and the parking change.  But mostly a box of curiously strong mints with about 4 left, an almost new box of smints and about 17 random paper bags with bits and pieces from the pick and mix.  Sugar letters and jawbreakers, and some year old lollipops.  They left all chargers and lightning cables and one box of Nerdz.

Animals.  I'm changing my stance on the death penalty. 

• Liked: 239
« Reply #2560 on: May 13, 2019, 09:49:20 PM »
Hugs KOD xx

Keep us updated
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 768
« Reply #2561 on: May 13, 2019, 10:03:20 PM »
Really sorry to hear this XOD.

What's in the air right now?  Every single thread is about health problems, except Tami who has lime kool aid.

Here's my IA:
This morning I got in my car to find that somebody had opened the door (must have left it unlocked) and stole ALL MY CANDY.  and the parking change.  But mostly a box of curiously strong mints with about 4 left, an almost new box of smints and about 17 random paper bags with bits and pieces from the pick and mix.  Sugar letters and jawbreakers, and some year old lollipops.  They left all chargers and lightning cables and one box of Nerdz.

Animals.  I'm changing my stance on the death penalty.
I don't have lime Kool Aid! I couldn't find it so I'm not even sure it really exists. There is a lime mix but it wouldn't be the same.

I do have a batch of Lipton sweet ice tea in the fridge though.

I'm sorry KOD. I know how scary this time will be for you. You have all my love and support. 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #2562 on: May 13, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »
Appreciate it guys. Hoping we hear more tomorrow instead on Wednesday so we can get a plan of action together (if there is one) sooner rather than later. Also, just being out of the misery of limbo would be nice. Really appreciate all the support <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

« Reply #2563 on: May 15, 2019, 11:50:20 AM »
Thanks again for all the positive thoughts and love sent my way, guys. Spoke to my mom late last night and the doctors are being optimistic and we are trying to be positive about it.

Effectively....there are currently saying that they haven't identified if there is cancer anywhere else but there is definitely something in the liver. I consider this a more positive situation than I was expecting because the liver is so resilient. He still needs more tests - including biopsy - that will be happening over the course of the next few weeks, but I'm just keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it's ONLY in the liver as the liver can have the bad bits plucked out with minimal issues like other parts of the body. He might need radiation and/or chemo, but whatever we have to do will be what we have to do.

Thankfully Boston also has Dana Farber which is one of the best cancer treatment centres in the US and he's going to make an appointment to be seen by their team which is a good thing as well...

Yeah so really not much we can do at the moment and it was the more positive outcome (SO FAR - not out of the clear yet) that we could've been given as far as bad cancer news goes. As my parents said, it's going to be a LONG road and we're early stage at the moment (not sure if it's aggressive or not). The positive is that it wasn't OBVIOUS that it was in other parts of the body, and that gives me a bit of hope that maybe it is just an isolated situation.

Just wanted to give an update and say thank you so much for showing concern. it's really helped keep me calm. I'm not normally a person that talks about emotions with the people around me and my family is concerned that I will just clam up because I'm not normally an emotional person that wants to let it all out so it's nice to have a place I can get it all out.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2564 on: May 15, 2019, 01:13:18 PM »
I've been thinking of you and your family, KOD. Thank you for sharing. x

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab