Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Worse Than An IA  (Read 215241 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
Re: Worse Than An IA
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 10:11:31 PM »
Aww, hugs duckyfuzz... 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Banned

• "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves"
    • Lucky's Playlist
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 10:21:55 PM »
Aww, hugs duckyfuzz... 

Thanx Laura.  It could be worse..it could be me in those positions...I just wish I was cold hearted sometimes and didn't take all this emotion on board.  I hate to see people suffering.  It actually really effects me and makes me feel unwell.  Sleepless nights worrying about everyone else.  I get this from my mother!
I AM LIKE MARMITE - YOU EITHER LOVE ME OR HATE ME!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails. - William Arthur Ward.

MY MUSIC - http://www.playlist.com/playlist/12772939531/standalone

Providing entertainment since April 16, 2008, 05:07:08 PM effectionatly known to some as chubsie!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2009, 03:48:22 AM »
My daughter's father, who has had contact with her only once in the last 12 years (it was forced upon him due to a funeral), called her to wish her a happy 19th birthday today. 

During the phone call, he let her know that his mother, her beloved Grammy, has dementia and was moved into a home today.  Grammy left my daughter a voice mail, and I let her know about it.  DD nearly cried when she told me, "It's so hard to hear her voice, when she's (the familiar personality) not there anymore.  She signed my birthday card "Grandma," and she's not my Grandma (that's what she calls my mom), she's my Grammy."  I hope she does listen to the voice mail that came from her Grammy's phone number, but I know I can't force the situation.     

• Liked: 12
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2009, 12:06:22 PM »

During the phone call, he let her know that his mother, her beloved Grammy, has dementia and was moved into a home today.  Grammy left my daughter a voice mail, and I let her know about it.  DD nearly cried when she told me, "It's so hard to hear her voice, when she's (the familiar personality) not there anymore.  She signed my birthday card "Grandma," and she's not my Grandma (that's what she calls my mom), she's my Grammy."  I hope she does listen to the voice mail that came from her Grammy's phone number, but I know I can't force the situation.     
That's really hard on your daughter.  My kids have had to go through that -- DS and I were living with "Grammy" while the dementia was developing and eventually she had to go into a home.  DS could never really bring himself to go visit her there until she was dying and he drove me out there.  He cried buckets at the funeral.  DD couldn't even come for that because she was undergoing medical treatment herself.  It's a very sad thing to watch as they become less and less like themselves.  My mother came to live in her own little world, thinking she was still at home, until she finally was unable to communicate at all.  Very sad.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2009, 12:17:59 AM »
I've literally just found out that the country my SIL and niece and nephew live in could be on the brink of civil war. On top of that, I'm not sure my DH or in-laws know this and it's too late in the UK to call and ask. To cap it off, my BIL (the husband/father) just took a contract job in a completely different country thousands of miles away. So he may not even know. I'm really worried.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2009, 07:26:25 PM »
Thanx Laura.  It could be worse..it could be me in those positions...I just wish I was cold hearted sometimes and didn't take all this emotion on board.  I hate to see people suffering.  It actually really effects me and makes me feel unwell.  Sleepless nights worrying about everyone else.  I get this from my mother!

Awwww, DuckDuck!!! It sounds like you did the right thing. It was really all you could do considering your relationship with this woman. You are a caring person, and that's never a bad thing!!!  [smiley=hug.gif]  Hope people stop reeling you into their drama long enough for you to catch your breath!

Sorry about your family's troubles, BostonDiner and mariposa.

Geez, balmerhon, hope everyone will be ok. Will be thinking of all of you tonight!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2009, 11:12:53 PM »
Wow, Balmerhon. :( Where do they live?
doing laundry

• Liked: 6
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2009, 07:57:36 PM »
I just got a call from my best friend, who was in an absolute panic.  He's HIV+ and on an anti-retroviral.  He was getting this from a state assistance program because he couldn't afford the almost $1,800/month the med costs.  Due to budget cuts, he's been dropped from the program.  He didn't get any notice this was happening, only found out today when he went to the pharmacy for a refill on his medication.  He has a fairly agressive strain and if he goes off the meds (which is the most probable outcome), he's going to get VERY sick VERY quickly.  I'm gutted.  And, I HATE THE US HEALTHCARE SYSTEM!
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2009, 10:15:42 PM »
Oh my God, that is just appalling!  I am so sorry, and horrified, and I pray that a solution is found.

Vicky

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2009, 12:35:38 AM »
Wow, Balmerhon. :( Where do they live?

Sorry, I missed this. They are in Madagascar. There was a coup there. SIL and kids are ok but scared to go into the capital right now, which is a problem as that's where they have to collect their money to live on. I haven't heard anything new except via The Guardian... I'm just worried that SIL/BIL are trying to downplay things at the moment but there isn't anything we can do about it. :(

Yankeeangel, that's terrible. It makes me sick to hear things like that.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »

Yankeeangel that is so awful and sad....
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Jewlz

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 09:48:13 AM »
I just got a call from my best friend, who was in an absolute panic.  He's HIV+ and on an anti-retroviral.  He was getting this from a state assistance program because he couldn't afford the almost $1,800/month the med costs.  Due to budget cuts, he's been dropped from the program.  He didn't get any notice this was happening, only found out today when he went to the pharmacy for a refill on his medication.  He has a fairly agressive strain and if he goes off the meds (which is the most probable outcome), he's going to get VERY sick VERY quickly.  I'm gutted.  And, I HATE THE US HEALTHCARE SYSTEM!

That's horrible. So sorry your friend is going through this. I hope he can find another way to get his meds. Is there a charity organisation that could help?

Balmerhon, so sorry you are worried about your family. I hope they will be ok.  :-\\\\

• Liked: 0
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 10:42:43 AM »
Sorry, I missed this. They are in Madagascar. There was a coup there. SIL and kids are ok but scared to go into the capital right now, which is a problem as that's where they have to collect their money to live on. I haven't heard anything new except via The Guardian... I'm just worried that SIL/BIL are trying to downplay things at the moment but there isn't anything we can do about it. :(

Yankeeangel, that's terrible. It makes me sick to hear things like that.

Balmerhon, I really hope the situation there calms down, and that your relatives will stay safe.

Yankeeangel, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's difficulties in getting meds for such a serious ailment.
doing laundry

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2009, 12:42:49 PM »
Well, their house was just burgled yesterday. This, in and of itself is not unusual (being better off than many in the area, they are targets anyway), but given the political climate... much more worrying. They were in the house when it happened.

• Jewlz

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2009, 01:22:00 PM »
Well, their house was just burgled yesterday. This, in and of itself is not unusual (being better off than many in the area, they are targets anyway), but given the political climate... much more worrying. They were in the house when it happened.

That sounds awful. Hope they will be ok.  :-\\\\

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab