Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa Approved-Chicago!  (Read 467 times)

Fiance Visa Approved-Chicago!
« on: March 18, 2009, 10:07:19 PM »
Got the visa this morning via Fed-Ex! We got word yesterday that our visa was approved from the courier in Chicago--must have been Luck of the Irish! ;) Thank you all for all of advice when we worried and panicked over things! We truly are happy now that we can  start our lives together! <3

• Liked: 0
Re: Fiance Visa Approved-Chicago!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:30:03 PM »
Hi, just to let everyone know, I am the soon to be husband of sanlou018 (Sandy) and I thought I'd put a quick post up here.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has provided valuable help and advice to us before and during our application. We've been planning this & trying to learn as much about the process as possible since August last year.

I hope that the experts, professionals and others who provide their time on here and other immigration forums realise just how much their information and advice is appreciated. Without you, the last 7 months would have been far more nerve-wracking and confusing for the both of us. So, thanks :)

As we feel that our application involved some fairly complex stuff (I have a disability & claim public funds) we're planning on putting another post on here at sometime over the weekend to hopefully help provide some guidance to people who may be in a similar situation to ourselves in the future.

However, as a very brief guide, I'd say this:

1. Do as much research as possible and plan as early as you can.

2. If you are claiming public funds, make sure you provide as much evidence as possible to back up your application - letters to show anything and everything that your claiming and exactly how much...We probably went a little OTT, but our theory was that when it comes to anything financial or benefit related, the more evidence the better

3. Savings are good - save as much money up as you possibly can before making your application, especially so if public funds are a factor.

4. Don't take everything an immigration courier says too seriously!!!!

5. As hard as it seems, try your best not to totally freak out if you get told that your application is being 'referred' or 'deferred' to the Home Office. (We were never even contacted by anyone from the Consulate or the Home Office - still have absolutely no idea why it was referred) - If more information is needed, you *should* be contacted.

So, now we've just got to make some final wedding plans and book the plane tickets! Roll on July! :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 11:34:21 PM by gamlichfield »

• Clapham Girl
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:30:41 PM »
Fantastic news!!! Congratulations!  :)
01 March 2009: online application
13 March 2009: biometrics
16 March 2009: submitted documents via FedEx
18 March 2009: Tier 1 Approved (NY consulate)
18 June 2009: Tier 1 start date
29 August 2009: Arrive in London
22 April 2010: Finally got a job

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 11:36:24 PM »
Thanks! :):):):)

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 10:07:26 PM »
So, as promised, heres a follow-up to the original post here, showing in a little more detail exactly what we contained within our successful Fiance visa application.

I want to state that this is by no means a comprehensive guide to what to include in a Fiance/Marriage visa application, as everyone's own personal circumstances are different, but it is simply intended to demonstrate what WE included in our application, which may be of some help to a few people.

What now follows is a copy of our contents list, showing which documents were kept by the Consulate or returned to us...

CONTENTS (Kept by Consulate)

(All cover letters kept by Consulate)

Section 1 – Identification

•   Completed application form (Kept by Consulate)
•   Passport – Applicant (Returned)
•   Birth Certificate – Applicant (Returned)
•   Letter – Applicant (Kept by Consulate)

•   Certified copy of Birth Certificate – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copy of Passport pages – Sponsor (Kept by Consulate)
•   Certified copy of Utility Bill – Sponsor (Kept by Consulate)
•   Letter – Sponsor (Kept by Consulate)

Section 2 – Relationship

•   Phone bills (October 2008 – February 2009) (Returned)
•   Internet phone records October 2008 – February 2009) (Returned)
•   A selection of Internet chat and e-mail records (December 2007 – February 2009) (Returned)
•   Receipts for money transfers via Paypal (Returned)
•   A selection of photographs (June 2002 – January 2009) (Returned)
•   A selection of letters and cards sent to and from each other (Returned)
•   Receipts for packages and gifts sent to and from each other (Returned)
•   A selection of airplane tickets and receipts – Applicant (Returned)
•   A selection of airplane tickets and receipts – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Receipts for hotel reservations and travel itineraries (Returned)
•   Certified copy of visa stamps in Father’s Passport – Sponsor (Returned)

Section 3 – Accommodation

•   Certified copies of tenancy extension documents (Returned)
•   Certified copy of letter from Landlord (Returned)
•   Certified copy of full tenancy agreement (Returned)
•   Certified copy of Statement of Account & Deposit (Returned)
•   Certified copy of tenancy commencement letter (Returned)
•   Certified copy of Heads of Terms for tenancy (Returned)
•   Certified copy of letter from Deposit Protection Service (Returned)
•   Copy of the Estate Agent’s description of the property (Kept by Consulate)
•   Copy of Inventory Clerk report (Returned)
•   Apartment photos (Returned)

Section 4 – Disability & Support

•   Letter from Father (Kept by Consulate)
•   Certified copy of letter from GP (Returned)
•   Letter from Primary Mental Health Worker (Returned)
•   Certified copy of letter from Consultant Clinical Psychologist (Returned)
•   Certified copy of letter from Adult Community Health Team (Returned)
•   Certified copy of review by Social Services (Returned)

Section 5 – Benefits

•   Information from Jobcentre regarding Return to Work Credit & cover letter (Information returned, cover letter kept by Consulate)
•   Information from the DWP regarding Disability Living Allowance & cover letter (Information returned, cover letter kept by Consulate)
•   Certified copy of Disability Living Allowance entitlement letter (Returned)
•   Certified copy of letter from Jobcentre regarding end of Incapacity Benefit claim (Returned)
•   Certified copy of Return to Work Credit entitlement letter (Returned)
•   Copies of Return to Work Credit payment slips (October 2008 – February 2009) (Returned)
•   Certified copy of 2008-2009 Council Tax bill (Returned)
•   Certified copy of letter regarding end of Housing & Council Tax benefit claims (Returned)

Section 6 – Employment

•   Copy of resume & cover letter – Applicant (Returned)
•   Letters of recommendation – Applicant (Returned)
•   Notarized copy of degree & university transcripts – Applicant (Returned)
•   Notarized copy of Georgia Educator Certificate – Applicant (Returned)
•   Notarized copy of current employment contract – Applicant (Returned)
•   Copy of salary schedule – Applicant (Returned)
•   Notarized copies of previous six months pay slips – Applicant (Returned)
•   Notarized copy of letter from UKNARIC – Applicant (Returned)
•   Information from the Training and Development Agency for Schools (Returned)
•   Information from the prospects.ac.uk website (Returned)
•   Copies of e-mails sent between Applicant and teaching agency based in the UK (Returned)
•   Copies of assessments & observations of employee performance – Applicant (Returned)

•   Copy of resume – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copy of Access to Higher Education Certificate – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copy of NVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care Certificate – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copies of pay slips (October 2008 – February 2009) – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copy of offer of employment – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copy of Contract of Employment – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Copy of job description – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Copy of reference from previous voluntary work – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Copy of CRB clearance check (October 2008) – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copy of letter regarding completion of probationary period – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copy of letter regarding position within company, length and status of employment – Sponsor (Returned)

Section 7 – Money & Finances

•   Three months checking account statements – Applicant (Returned)
•   Three months savings account statements – Applicant (Returned)
•   Older bank account statements showing deposits – Applicant (Returned)
•   Three months credit card statements – Applicant (Returned)
•   Notarized copy of receipt of payment for car – Applicant (Returned)
•   Notarized copy of Certificate of Car Title – Applicant (Returned)
•   Copy of car evaluation – Applicant (Returned)
•   Three months checking account statements – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copy of Premium Bonds Certificate – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copies of current and previous National Savings bank books – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copy of P45 form showing end of Incapacity Benefit claim – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Certified copy of P60 substitute form – Sponsor (Returned)
•   Financial budgets – Actual & forecast (Returned)

Section 8 – Marriage Details

•   Receipts for wedding and engagement rings (Returned)
•   Letter from Sponsor to Registry Office regarding Marriage booking (Returned)
•   Certified copy of letter from Registry Office (Returned)
•   Certified copy of marriage appointment letter from Registry Office (Returned)
•   Hotel Reservations (Returned)

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 10:07:50 PM »
Also included here is a copy of the cover letters myself and my Fiancee wrote (obviously edited for privacy)....

Dear Sir/Madam,

Status and intentions of Mr. ************ in connection with visa application for ****************

I am a British citizen, born in the UK in 1984 and have been a UK resident all of my life. I have been friendly with ********** for some time and we have now decided to marry.

I have been advised to write a letter to accompany Miss. ****** visa application, stating my status in the UK, financial circumstances and my intentions.

It is my intention to marry my fiancée, Miss. ********** shortly after her entry to the UK. We have been communicating for a considerable length of time and we have also spent many weeks together over the course of the past six and a half years. Arrangements are now in hand for her to come to the UK for us to be married and live together as husband and wife permanently.

We will be resident at my apartment, the address of which can be seen above. It is a single bedroom property, comprising of a separate kitchen, bathroom and entrance hallway. I can confirm that I have been renting this property from a private landlord since October 2003 and ********** and myself will be the sole occupants. I have also included evidence of my current rental agreement and confirmation from my landlord and letting agent that there are no restrictions on ******** residing at the property and that the accommodation is of sufficient size for two people.

********** and I have discussed where we will live permanently and have both agreed that it is essential, both before and after our marriage, to live in the UK as I suffer from a disability (Aspergers Syndrome). This condition makes me liable to suffer from severe panic attacks, which have caused me extreme difficulty in flying to and from the United States in the past and would make it near impossible to do so again. I have included a letter from my doctor and my parents stating this and some of the other ways in which my UK based family provide me with assistance related to my disability.

I am in full time employment, working as a qualified Care Assistant with ****************** in ******************* since October 2008 and I have enclosed a letter from my employer and a copy of my employment contract as evidence of this. Prior to this date, I had been claiming Incapacity Benefit, Disability Living Allowance and Housing Benefit due to my disability. Since obtaining employment, it has no longer been necessary for me to claim Incapacity Benefit or Housing Benefit and I have enclosed evidence to show that I ceased claiming these benefits in October 2008.

I can confirm that the only public funds that I am in receipt of are ‘Disability Living Allowance’ at the lower rate and ‘Return to Work Credit’. I have enclosed evidence from the Department of Work and Pensions that I am fully entitled to these benefits as a UK citizen and that the amount of benefit I am currently claiming will be unaffected by Miss. ******** presence in the UK.

I can also confirm that I have sufficient income to maintain a satisfactory standard of living for myself and my future wife and I hold further funds in my name. I have also enclosed a budget showing my monthly income and expenditure from the previous three months, which shows that my income alone (after regular monthly debits) is consistently above £94.95 per week, which is the applicable minimum Income Support personal allowance provided to a couple aged 18 or over in the UK. I trust that when Miss. ********* funds and employment prospects are taken into account, we will easily be able to support ourselves financially.

I have spoken to the registrar at the registry office at ************** with regard to our proposed marriage, who informed me that the date of our marriage cannot be fixed until ********** is resident in the UK, although I have been able to book a provisional date for marriage at the Registry Office for July 8th 2009, which can be confirmed once Miss. ********* is present in the UK. I have enclosed evidence of this within this application and I trust that this should be sufficient to your requirements.

I would also wish to request that ************ visa is post dated to May 27th if possible, as she is employed as a High School English Teacher and is contracted to teach in the United States until the end of the semester (May 26th 2009) and it would be impossible for her to travel to the UK before this date.

If you should require further information, I am sure ************* will be able to provide you with the details and she will have the originals of all documents should you require sight of them.

If you require any further information from me, please contact me at the above address.

Yours faithfully,
Mr. *********

Re: Application for Fiancé Visa to marry in the United Kingdom.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to request a fiancé visa in order to visit and marry my fiancé, Mr. *************.  My fiancé is a British citizen by birth and currently resides in *******************

I can confirm that our relationship is genuine and that after successfully obtaining entry clearance, my intention is to travel to the United Kingdom at the end of May 2009 and marry Mr. ******** in July of this year, shortly after my entry in the U.K.  I have been communicating with Mr. ******** for a considerable amount of time and have spent many weeks with him and his family.

I can confirm that Mr. ******** and I first met in June 2002 when he came to visit me in the United States as a friend for just under two weeks. Upon Mr. ******** return to the United Kingdom, we remained in frequent contact by telephone and the internet until Mr. ******** returned to the U.S. in March the following year after obtaining a tourist visa. It was at this time that we began a close relationship which continued until Mr. ******* returned to the United Kingdom when I started college in September 2003.

Due to his return to the U.K. and the beginning of my demanding studies in college, we decided to end our relationship on good terms, as we both mutually agreed that continuing our relationship and maintaining regular contact with each other would be impractical at this time.

In October of 2007, myself and Mr. ********* resumed contact after finding each other on the internet and we became friends once again. At this point, I had completed my Bachelors degree in English Education and was working full-time as a high school English teacher. During my summer break in 2008, I travelled to the United Kingdom to visit Mr. ******** and his family between June 10th and July 24th where I stayed at his apartment located in **************** and travelled with him around the U.K. and to France.

It was during this visit that it became apparent that our love for one another had stood the test of time and that we truly are made for one another. It was obvious that the personal qualities that brought us together several years previously still remained and we decided to begin a close relationship once again as my personal circumstances since graduating from college enabled us to do this more easily than previously.

I then visited Mr. ******** for a second time in December 2008. It was during this visit that we established our engagement and decided amongst ourselves that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together without having to be apart again. I can also confirm that myself and Mr. ******** have been in regular contact by telephone and the internet since re-establishing contact in October 2007 and evidence of this has been included in this application.

We have made the decision to begin our lives as husband and wife in the U.K. as Mr. ******** is now unable to fly due to his disability and requires the support of his family network within the United Kingdom. I also feel that I can easily obtain a job within the U.K. due to my academic credentials and experience within the teaching sector, which in addition to Mr. ******* income, would provide more than adequate means of financial support for ourselves.

I can also confirm that I have sufficient savings to maintain a satisfactory standard of living for both myself and my future husband until I am permitted to work in the United Kingdom. I have enclosed evidence that I currently have over $**,*** in my ********** savings account and a 2007 Toyota Corolla automobile worth approximately $**,*** (to which I own full title with no finance or debt owing) that I intend to sell before travelling to the U.K.

As I am also in full time employment as a High School English Teacher, I will also have a monthly income of $*,*** until July 2009 (due to my teaching contract in the United States) and my fiancé has also confirmed that he is willing to help support me until I have been granted permission to remain and work.

Due to my employment in the United States, I will require my visa to be post-dated by just under three months to May 27th if possible, as I am contracted to teach until May 26th 2009 and I will not be able to travel to the UK until after this date.

If there should be any questions or concerns regarding our application, please do not hesitate to contact me at *********@****** or *************

Yours sincerely,

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab