Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Migrants to pay extra for visas  (Read 1191 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Migrants to pay extra for visas
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 07:33:26 PM »
Just caught the end of a piece on Channel 4 news where they were interviewing Keith Vaz, MP who was opposed to the fee. I believe he was Labour (though perhaps Lib Dem?), and said that students and those on work permits are already contributing to the economy and the implementation of the fee will be for the wrong reasons.  Not a ringing condemnation, but at least not everyone in the party is kowtowing to the BNP/Daily Mail crowd.  ::)  *So* glad I'll be able to vote in the June elections.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »
He is a Labour backbencher, a member of the Home Affairs committee, and Brown will ignore him. He is a former Foriegn Office minister, and (IMHO) a bit of a hypocrite.

Vicky

• Liked: 7
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 01:36:17 PM »
Are you sure?
I came in on 28 June 2005. (4 year type)
I can do it now?
Thanks guys. I'm calling this afternoon for an appoinment. And I am asking for 5 years, just in case.
I have a 16 year old son on the application. I have to bring him too, I presume, since we have to do the biometric stuff?
Youse guys are great!

P.S. Does that mean I can apply for ILR 1 year from my FLR, or is the date still tied to my original visa? (28 JUN 05) Maybe I can squeek in after all????
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 01:38:55 PM by abercroft »
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying:
"I will try again tomorrow"

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 02:17:41 PM »
yes, you can extend, but I undertstand you may have difficulties getting an appointment so perhaps will have to apply by post to take advantage of the cheaper fee.

You will be eligible for ILR in June 2010.

Vicky

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab