Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Strange situation with citizenship app.  (Read 413 times)

• Liked: 0
Strange situation with citizenship app.
« on: March 20, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »
I applied for my citizenship around December 12th. I believe the ack letter arrived sometime on the 20th. I know this isn't a very long span of time to be waiting, but since lots of people have reported getting their approval within two months, I decided that if the HO letter wasn't there when I got home, I'll call and ask about it.

I get home today, and no letter. Unfortunatly, I misplaced the earlier ack letter along with the case number. So I decided to call my local authority instead, since the handout they gave me said that when I am approved they receive the certificate of naturalization that I get after I attend their ceremony.

Well, it turns out that they've had the certificate for nearly three weeks! The lady I spoke to on the phone said the letter to the applicant is sent regular mail on the same day that the certificate is couriered over to the local authority. I'd understand a week or a week-and-a-half delay but 3 weeks? She said to call back by Wed if I haven't received it then.

Anyone have a similar experience?
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Strange situation with citizenship app.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 07:57:21 AM »
Crikey!  I was wondering what was happened to you because an application I made after yours was done within a month, but I figured it has just arrived while you were away.

Two letters should have arrived - one from the Home Office confirming that you had been approved, and another on posher paper asking you to call for the appointment.  Did you get neither?

Vicky

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 11:06:54 AM »
Just this morning, I got the invitation letter dated March 10th that says I need to contact my authority within 14 days of the date of this letter. *headdesk.* If the Royal Mail had screwed up only a tiny bit more royally, I'd have had a real issue on my hands.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• Liked: 70
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 11:37:30 AM »
Unbelievable!  That is quite the screw up. 

Sponsored Links