Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Refused entry  (Read 844 times)

• Liked: 0
Refused entry
« on: April 03, 2009, 10:56:13 PM »
I was recently refused entry into the UK at the airport as they believed I intended on overstaying or working illegally on my tourist visa. My British partner and I plan to get married then we will be looking to permanently move to the UK on a marriage visa.

Will my previous refusal of entry impact this? While i find it difficult to get my visa as a result?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Liked: 1
Re: Refused entry
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 10:59:23 PM »
Your visa will likely take longer to process as a result of this, but it should not result in your visa not being approved.  Just be sure to be completely honest on your application and explain the previous refusal. 

• God only knows what i'd be without you
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 01:44:39 AM »
Wow did you fly out and get refused at the airport in England?  :(

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 01:55:28 AM »

That is how the refusals usually work. Unfortunatly, there are quite a few stories about that on this board.

Fortunately, as mirrajay said, they shouldn't have an impact on spousal/fiance(e) applications, other than additional processing time.
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 03:28:15 AM »

Unfortunately it does happen sometimes :-\\\\ Sometimes they give you leave to remain in England for a day, but then you have to be ready to leave after the 24 hours have passed. Or, they'll just get you sorted with a return flight and send you back straight away once something becomes available.

That's why some people like to carry a letter from their employer, or a rental agreement, or a school contract of some sort to show you haven't just picked up and left the US. They carry them just in case they get asked about having a job, or a house to go back to, it can save a load of hassle if you get asked those things by the IO and they need proof.
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

• My blog!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 08:39:33 AM »
I agree with others, legitimising the relationship will almost always go through without a hitch, even with a previous refusal, though it will take longer.

There are a lot of stories on here of people who are amazed at how easy it is after a tough and emotional experience like being refused.
WARNING My thoughts and comments are entirely my own.  Especially when it comes to immigration and tax advice, I am not a professional.  My advice is to seek out professional advice.  Your mileage may vary!
Transpondia
UK Borders Agency (Official Government Site)
Office of Immigration Service Commissioner (Official Government Site)
My Blog

• God only knows what i'd be without you
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »
Wow I cannot believe i got through last time.

I was unemployed and I told the IO that I was there to see my BF. I was also scheduled for a weird amount of days because I left the day after Thanksgiving. He asked a lot of questions, we chit chatted about my iPhone and then let he let me in. Looking back I can see how it totally could have looked like I had no Plans to leave.

Sponsored Links