Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The official UKY inlaw venting thread  (Read 96730 times)

• Jewlz
  • is in the house because....

• International Woman of Mystery
  • Liked: 3
Re: The official UKY inlaw venting thread
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2009, 09:46:26 AM »
Maybe deep down they're hoping someone catches a glimpse!  :-X

LOL! I'll never forget seeing my great-grandma naked after she just came out of the bath!  :-X It was my fault for walking into her room, but I can tell you that a ten year old seeing a 90 year old woman naked is serious trauma!  :-[

« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2009, 10:52:31 AM »
Maybe deep down they're hoping someone catches a glimpse!  :-X

ack!!!  :-X  ;D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2009, 04:40:16 PM »
I'm trying to like my future mother in law. But she is making it really hard. I'm not telling her one more damn detail about the wedding. She hates everything I like and has such a passive bitchy way of telling mdcshe hates it.

ARGH!!!!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »
It's YOUR wedding. Do what YOU want. Once the wedding is over, you'll be the one with the memories of it.

« Reply #244 on: October 31, 2009, 05:44:07 PM »
My hubby-to-be only has one parent, and I love him, I grew up with him, but God, my future sis-in-law and brother-in-law are the most annoying people on the planet! We're visiting up in Bristol for the weekend and his sister is such a...stuck-up, prissy brat! She keeps making these snide backhanded comments and I swear, I'm about to backhand her! And the brother has always been so obnoxious and...perverted! He's slapped my butt 4 times and we only arrived this morning!!
Wow, I do feel better  :)

« Reply #245 on: October 31, 2009, 07:01:50 PM »
Next time he tries to touch you look him in the eye and loudly say "if you touch me one more time I'm filing a police report then sueing you for sexual harrassment." 
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #246 on: October 31, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »
I just said something to the MIL which prompted her to provide me with this gem: "You sound like a New York Jew!" And, to make things worse, she added, "That wasn't an insult!"

My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2009, 10:16:34 PM »
I just said something to the MIL which prompted her to provide me with this gem: "You sound like a New York Jew!" And, to make things worse, she added, "That wasn't an insult!"

Accent maybe...?? ??? I had a professor like that once.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:31:25 PM by rynn_aka_rae »
09/29/09--Visa Approved!
10/05/09--Leave for the UK!!!
06/15/12--Back in the US indefinitely...

« Reply #248 on: October 31, 2009, 11:23:42 PM »
I don't know my FILs very well yet, but DB's mom has me a little worried... She once said to my FSIL, a close friend of mine, "The world doesn't revolve around you, you know," which seems to me quite unkind. Also, when her daughter's kids were born, she basically kidnapped them and got them baptized against their mother's wishes. So, I'm probably not going to have kids, but if I do, they'll be Jewish, and, well... with all due respect, that's unacceptable!
September 2009: Tier 1 visa
April 2011: Married
March 2012: FLR(M)
February 2012: SET(M) application submitted

« Reply #249 on: October 31, 2009, 11:26:28 PM »
Opened my email this morning and had 14 new emails...11 were forwards from my future MIL. I set up a gmail filter to send everything with FWD or FW from her straight to the trash (I HATE forwards and do that for everyone who forwards me crap.) Then I realized that sometimes when she forwards stuff she takes the FWD out of the subject line so only about 1/2 of the forwards from her are getting filtered.  ::)  [smiley=smash.gif]

« Reply #250 on: November 01, 2009, 10:51:11 AM »
Next time he tries to touch you look him in the eye and loudly say "if you touch me one more time I'm filing a police report then sueing you for sexual harrassment." 

Or, "I'll punch you so hard you'll have to unzip your jeans to pick your teeth"

« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2009, 12:55:36 AM »
Or, "I'll punch you so hard you'll have to unzip your jeans to pick your teeth"

I was thinking something like this --- look him dead in the eye and simply say, 'Do it again and I'll knee you with all my might right in the n_tz.'  That or have your 'soon to be hubby' get the message across to him.  What he did wasn't playful, kidding, joking etc.,  He's a pig and the sooner you or your 'soon-to-be' gets the message across to him the better!    
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 01:01:54 AM by DC_Girl »
*spousal visa FLR(M) issued June 8, 2010*

« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2009, 07:53:17 AM »

OMG.

« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2009, 01:43:42 PM »

I had a M-out-L that once introduced me to her family then followed it with a whispered-behind-her-hand, "she's American", as if to say, "if she just poos right there in the corner, you'll know why"  [smiley=laugh4.gif]

« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2009, 07:26:14 PM »
We finally had to take drastic measures to keep our in-laws from just dropping by at all hours without calling first.

Let's just say what they heard the last time they came knocking without calling first took care of the problem - we always get call now before they show up.  ;D [smiley=blush.gif] >:D

Sponsored Links