Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The official UKY inlaw venting thread  (Read 95885 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: The official UKY inlaw venting thread
« Reply #585 on: August 10, 2010, 07:11:01 PM »
IME, sounds like you need to block MIL from your facebook account too!  ;D

« Reply #586 on: August 10, 2010, 08:13:18 PM »
Thanks! I just wish things were different. Mil is estranged from her entire family, except for her mom and my dh. guess she's trying to add me to that category too. :'(

Same situation for DH and myself. MiL has pushed everyone away, and they've successfully stayed away. Australia, other parts of the UK, are where DH's family members have moved away to. He only communicates with one cousin via facebook, but, they're not even close enough to where we could go and visit them. They're really only acquaintances-really sad.

My family are like those friends that you don't see for ages and ages, but, when you do get to see them, it's like you've never left each other and you just pick up where you left off the last time you saw each other. :|

MiL's really been trying lately to get on with me, so, I have been as well. I reckon we both just realise that we're going to have to be together for a while, so, we'll just have smile and carry on until we're able to find our own place.
Amor Vinicit Omnia=Love Conquers All.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #587 on: September 13, 2010, 11:16:55 AM »
Our nephew's 6th birthday was a couple of weeks ago. We couldn't go down to Cork for his birthday party, but we told them we'd be own a couple of weekends later. We saw him this weekend and gave him his gifts and he says to me, 'But I already got your presents!' I was confused and he told me that we gave him some Arsenal pajamas and a card. I said, 'Oh no, we never would have bought you Arsenal pajamas!' (My husband is a huge Liverpool fan). Come to find out my MIL gave him these things, from us, for his birthday party.  ::) Why!? This totally pissed me off, not to mention I looked like an idiot. My husband said she didn't mean anything by it, and I know she didn't, but why would she even bother doing this?? He doesn't care if he gets our gift at his birthday party or two weeks later. I'm actually glad we gave it to him on our own because we were able to play the games with him right after he opened them. Oh, and one of the things we gave him was a deck of UNO cards. He opened them and asked what the game was. My MIL immediately says it's like, 'Top Trumps'. Um, no. It's nothing like that, actually.  ::)

The amount of stuff she buys them is UN-BE-LIEVABLE. My FIL is always making snide comments about it. Most of it is clothes, but she seriously has a huge cache of stuff upstairs at any given time. It's amazing they aren't spoiled brats.

• Jennifer Knits
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #588 on: September 13, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »
That does seem odd, especially as she didn't tell you about it. Though she probably didn't tell you because you'd say, "Thank you but no thank you!"

« Reply #589 on: September 13, 2010, 04:28:06 PM »
That does seem odd, especially as she didn't tell you about it. Though she probably didn't tell you because you'd say, "Thank you but no thank you!"

I think the fact that she didn't tell us about it is what's ticking me off the most. But, you're right, if she had told us we would have insisted she not do it.

• Jennifer Knits
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #590 on: September 13, 2010, 04:59:18 PM »
She could have at least told you after the fact.

« Reply #591 on: September 13, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »
She could have at least told you after the fact.

Yeah, at least you wouldn't have been caught out and said something if your MiL had said what she had done! Oh in laws!  ::)
Amor Vinicit Omnia=Love Conquers All.

« Reply #592 on: September 13, 2010, 06:19:02 PM »
Yeah, at least you wouldn't have been caught out and said something if your MiL had said what she had done! Oh in laws!  ::)

I thought about that, but then I decided that if he asked any further questions (which he probably will!) she'd be the one that would have to explain!

« Reply #593 on: September 23, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
Hello everyone! I'm new here and just want to rant about my SIL.
Family background: MIL, FIL, My husband (oldest child), SIL (second oldest), BIL (the surprise! and youngest)

Lived with my in-laws for TOO LONG. My MIL and I had lots of things in common, and both my mother and myself got the feeling I was "the daughter she always wanted." This made my SIL uncontrollably jealous. SIL was 21/22 when I moved in and for the record, she is not mentally handicapped.

She was so jealous to the point that when I'd walk into the room to talk to my MIL, she'd start humming very, very loudly or turn up the television so loudly that people across the street could hear it. Every time I wrote something anywhere (grocery store list, calendar, notes, etc.) it would get either blacked out with a huge black marker pen or thrown away or put in the cats litter tray, etc.

Any time anyone gave me any attention, she always had to bring it back to herself, ie if the cat sat on my lap, she would bring food in so it would go to her, or if someone gave something to me, she had to give them three things better.

She was like this until her child was about six months old (so roughly until 10 months ago). She's gotten better to the point of not being jealous any more because MIL loves children and she finally has the grandchild she always wanted (granted, 5-6 years before she wanted one!) so she gets all the love and attention she wants now. ♥

You all will know my SIL when you see her, she's green, ridges in on a broomstick, has an evil laugh, and has stripped socks. I still can't stand her because of the way she treated me, but oh well, don't have to see her.

« Reply #594 on: September 23, 2010, 02:32:20 PM »
Every time I wrote something anywhere (grocery store list, calendar, notes, etc.) it would get either blacked out with a huge black marker pen or thrown away or put in the cats litter tray, etc.

How petty and pathetic.  ::)  I'm sorry you had to deal with her Alundra.  I hope you're living in your own place now?  :)
doing laundry

• Liked: 2
« Reply #595 on: September 23, 2010, 02:55:36 PM »
You all will know my SIL when you see her, she's green, ridges in on a broomstick, has an evil laugh, and has stripped socks. I still can't stand her because of the way she treated me, but oh well, don't have to see her.

This was the topping on the whole paragraph above ;-)  It's hard to believe people can be like that and I can't grasp why...Hope life is better!

« Reply #596 on: September 24, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »
Yes! We've been in our place for over a year now. I just knew when we got our own place she'd never come and visit, but you know she's here every two weeks or so.  ::)

I just got a job so maybe I can work extra shifts when she comes? She never comes alone, always with MIL.

« Reply #597 on: October 04, 2010, 07:11:16 AM »
My future in-laws are lovely people deep down inside, but they really know how to push my buttons sometimes. They are a divorced couple and have two sets of lives we (my fiancee and I) have to balance on a constant basis when I'm in the UK. Also can be very temperamental and cold when they want to be. Maybe it's partly due to stress from their daily lives, but it has driven us literally OUT of the county!

I'm not really jealous of my boyfriend even if my parents are 100% lovely with him, since he does deserve stability. At least on my side of the family. He didn't have a huge paternal influence so my father is someone he looks up to quite a lot.

I'm just whining ignore me lol! :P

« Reply #598 on: November 01, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »
Just...argh.

« Reply #599 on: November 01, 2010, 07:06:37 AM »
Just...argh.

What's up?  You will feel better if you spill the beans!
“I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.” ~David Sedaris

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab