Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The official UKY inlaw venting thread  (Read 95728 times)

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: The official UKY inlaw venting thread
« Reply #690 on: May 23, 2011, 06:28:20 PM »
My FIL kisses me on the cheek, but I heart him, so I find it sweet.  However, your situation sounds totally different, noirem.  Very creepy and gross.  I would definitely insist that DF have a talk with him.  Invading someone's personal space is a way of passive-aggressively controlling them, and I agree with Sara that it sounds deliberate.  You shouldn't have to deal with that. 
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 0
« Reply #691 on: May 23, 2011, 08:02:18 PM »
Oh my gosh this is icky :( I hope your DF will say something!

• Jennifer Knits
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #692 on: May 26, 2011, 10:27:07 AM »
I really don't mind a kiss on the cheek. But I did tell my DF in no uncertain terms that he needs to talk to his father about respecting my personal space.

« Reply #693 on: May 27, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »
I agree that it sounds creepy! Hopfully after your DF has a word with FFiL it will stop.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 848
« Reply #694 on: May 27, 2011, 09:24:02 PM »
I really don't mind a kiss on the cheek. But I did tell my DF in no uncertain terms that he needs to talk to his father about respecting my personal space.

Oh uggh!!! :-X Hope you fiance can talk to him and it all turns out OK :-\\\\
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #695 on: May 28, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »

DH's mom tries to kiss him on the mouth. I refuse to kiss him later on if she ever gets one in. Ewwww!!! I don't want MIL cooties.  :-X  ;)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

• Liked: 3
« Reply #696 on: May 28, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »
We just arrived at my ILs and my BIL is already getting on my nerves. He hasn't done any one thing in particular, it's just an all over annoyance.  :P

« Reply #697 on: May 29, 2011, 03:25:55 PM »
We told my MIL that this is not a good weekend for her to visit as we already have plans. She's coming to town anyways, staying in a hotel less than a mile from our house, and insisting we have supper with her tomorrow night.  >:(
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

« Reply #698 on: May 30, 2011, 10:07:50 AM »
The only way to stop this is to not go to dinner.  It might be a pain right now, but boundaries need to be drawn.  Think what will happen if you have kids.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #699 on: May 30, 2011, 11:05:53 AM »
My MIL and FIL don't like SIL's partner (and father of her two children). They b*tch about him all the time. SIL knows they don't like him and he knows they don't like him, so he never comes around. In fact, I've never met him in the 4 years I've been in this family. Yesterday we were at our going away party with MIL's side of the family. MIL starts laughing about how the 3 year old was talking about how lazy her dad is, which of course she hears from her grandparents. Maybe he is lazy, I don't know (I only know him through the ILs), but I felt bad for the guy that he was being thrown under the bus in front of all these people and wasn't even there to defend himself. DH and I talked about it this morning and agreed it was pretty crappy. The kids have no respect for their dad because they feel they need to have an allegiance with their grandparents. My SIL is visibly uncomfortable when it's brought up, especially in front of extended family. It's sad and most of all, it's downright unkind.

« Reply #700 on: June 06, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
I like my FML.  She's fun and kinda quirky.  I was not expecting her to come down for breakfast wearing a towel. 

« Reply #701 on: June 07, 2011, 12:20:17 PM »
Oh that made me laugh Sscarllet. I'm sorry though. Try to think of it as a strapless dress :)

« Reply #702 on: June 07, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »
My In-laws are, for the most part, great.  Funny, sweet, completely silly.

But one of my SILs keeps complaining about my Husbands ex-wife every time she sees me.  Basically my DH's ex took the kids when she left for several reasons (my DH was the one who actually took care of the kids). One of which was to ensure that the family here would not shut the door in her face because, after all...she had the kids and they needed their family.

Fair enough, but every time I'm with my SIL, she starts complaining about how my DH's ex is constantly calling, constantly wanting to be invited for dinner, constantly trying to get her to join the ex's church, constantly telling her what she should be doing, and some other more shocking things that I'll leave out here.

So I can't for the life of me, understand why they are all still in contact with her.  They can see the kids when they are with us, which is every weekend.  They absolutely do NOT like her and yet they are still on her Facebook page as friends, still talk to her and deal with her when she shows up, etc.

Again, still, their issue.  If they don't want to tell her to sod off once and for all, that's their thing.

Howevever, I've found out that said SIL has more of a connection to my DH's ex than I previously thought.  The ex was here trading one sick kid for the other once (guess who got the sick kid and who got the well kid? Yeah, she wins no mother of the year award) and she calls up my SIL and starts talking about how someone was calling her asking for my SIL and that she told them that my SIL would be available after 5.

Sirens went off in my head. Obviously they have more of a relationship that keeps the two of them dealing with each other even though my SIL hates having to deal with her.  I genuinely believe my SIL wants nothing to do with her, but obviously there's something more there.  I've stopped mentioning the EX when I'm around her, and just nod when she starts talking about her.  Though there have been some "reports" based on her dealings with the ex that are so shocking I can't help but comment.

all in all though, I can't help feeling like people in general around here are more than a bit two-faced.  If I can figure out how to totally limit my dealings with her (and she LOVES me and would be my best friend if she could) to once or twice a month (and I HAVE the kids on weekends) why can't they do the same.

:-\\\\

« Reply #703 on: June 07, 2011, 03:36:20 PM »
Oh that made me laugh Sscarllet. I'm sorry though. Try to think of it as a strapless dress :)

Well, I am American, and therefore feel that everyone should be clothed fully at all times, even in the shower. 

• Liked: 2
« Reply #704 on: June 07, 2011, 07:38:25 PM »
Well, I am American, and therefore feel that everyone should be clothed fully at all times, even in the shower. 
;D ;D ;D ;D

Sponsored Links