Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Current Processing Times for EEA Permit,URGENT!!!  (Read 676 times)

• Liked: 0
Current Processing Times for EEA Permit,URGENT!!!
« on: April 08, 2009, 04:00:42 PM »
Hello everyone,

Is the processing time for EEA permit from outside the EU countries longer now? I thought that this will be a priority visa.
On the average, please how long does it take these days to get a FP from outside the EU?
Thanks

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Current Processing Times for EEA Permit,URGENT!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 04:07:25 PM »
It depends where you are applying.

Vicky

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 04:10:45 PM »
It depends where you are applying.

Vicky

Applying from Ukraine, my wife gave the VAF5 form in under the settlement category because they said they will not accept it under the non-settlement route, which we thought was the right route as she will only be visiting for 4 months.
Anyway, under the settlement category, EEA FP from Kiev, Ukraine.
Thanks

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »
I am sorry, I haven't made an application through Kiev for some time.  garrry may have more idea when he comes on.

Vicky

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 05:31:33 PM »
Ok, thanks, guess we will wait for garry and others then

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »
I am sorry, I haven't made an application through Kiev for some time.  garrry may have more idea when he comes on.

Thanks, Vicky.  Yes, I keep a VERY CLOSE eye on the British Consulate General in Kiev.

The thing about Kiev though is their turn-around performance is superb.  I can't give it anything other than praise for their output vis-a-vis all the crap they put up with.  During peaks, they can access a floater or two within a few days. 

After they put in their online booking system in December 2007, performance spiked upwards and has stayed there ever since.  I heard a rumour that Kiev was going to take over Chisenau's stuff, but haven't stayed in touch with it.  If they did, it would be an improvement anyway.

I haven't had a substantiated trace of corruption in that consulate since 2006, which is a whole lot better than some of the others. 

So on balance, the British Consulate General in Kiev is exemplary.  But for absolutely sure, I'm not going to stop watching it.

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »
Thanks, Vicky.  Yes, I keep a VERY CLOSE eye on the British Consulate General in Kiev.

The thing about Kiev though is their turn-around performance is superb.  I can't give it anything other than praise for their output vis-a-vis all the crap they put up with.  During peaks, they can access a floater or two within a few days. 

After they put in their online booking system in December 2007, performance spiked upwards and has stayed there ever since.  I heard a rumour that Kiev was going to take over Chisenau's stuff, but haven't stayed in touch with it.  If they did, it would be an improvement anyway.

I haven't had a substantiated trace of corruption in that consulate since 2006, which is a whole lot better than some of the others. 

So on balance, the British Consulate General in Kiev is exemplary.  But for absolutely sure, I'm not going to stop watching it.

Well, good to know garry, so for an EEA permit, it should not take long then, right?
It was submitted on the 3rd,just wondering on the average, how long it may take eventually.

Thanks

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:11:56 PM »
"Long" is the length of a ball of string.  It should be processed *well* inside of the PSA if it's straight-forward and etc etc etc.

Sponsored Links