Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I feel like giving up  (Read 3264 times)

• God only knows what i'd be without you
  • Liked: 0
Re: I feel like giving up
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 03:32:16 AM »
I'll be thinking about you this Easter weekend, and I know this may sound easy for me to say, but hang in there. You two have gotten this far, these are things that can still be fixed, it's just a hard time to do it at the moment because of the holidays. But, if there's anything I've learned from here, it's that most things that seem messy can get sorted :) *hugs*

Thank you so much. It's hard cus I have no housing in the USA as of the 24th :( and I spent almost everything I had on the first Visa app. I don't know where or how I'm going to get the money to reapply.

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 03:41:32 AM »
Sorry. sounds like financially we're in a similar boat.  I dread the thoughts of redoing this process again if that's what it comes to.

If i win the powerball, I'll share ;)

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 06:50:27 AM »
Sorry. sounds like financially we're in a similar boat.  I dread the thoughts of redoing this process again if that's what it comes to.

If i win the powerball, I'll share ;)

My god if you win powerball I will be so excited to know someone who actually won lol!

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 06:52:11 AM »
How long have you been apart from your fiancee?

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 06:55:32 AM »
I THINK I might have a back up plan. We'll see what happens. I'll keep everyone updated.  ???

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 06:56:32 AM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 06:57:34 AM »
How long have you been apart from your fiancee?

Um he left Sf on Feb 19th or 20th? He was out here for Valentines.

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 06:59:16 AM »
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks so much. All the support means so much to me and is really helping me get through this. I told DF if I didn't have this board he would be dealing with a bat poop insane Fiancee lol.

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 07:02:30 AM »
I'm being a big sissy right now.  My husband and I said goodbye at the airport at 5:30am on April 7th.  it's the uncertainty of the situation that is killing me.  Not to mention our two year-old daughter has already asked where he daddy is.  :\\\'(

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 07:11:32 AM »
I'm being a big sissy right now.  My husband and I said goodbye at the airport at 5:30am on April 7th.  it's the uncertainty of the situation that is killing me.  Not to mention our two year-old daughter has already asked where he daddy is.  :\\\'(

Awww that's so sad :(
Are you going to apply for your spousal visa now or have you already?

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 07:21:15 AM »
trouble&strife...

Just something that may help you (probably not now but in the future)

If you're sending important information internationally where time is of the essence NEVER USE THE POST! Correction...if you're sending things internationally like information for your visa USE FEDEX OR UPS. There have been numerous instances on the board where vital information has been lost by the post in the US and the UK.

Even recorded delivery from the UK to the US stops being tracked once it reaches US shores through the Post. UPS & FEDEX can be traced from it's pickup to drop off no matter what country.

And

Have your DF fax you whatever information he's got today. That way you can send in what you've got and when you get the hardcopies overnight them to your courier or to the embassy via FedEx or UPS. At least then you'll have gotten your stuff in...kinda. And as I'm constantly reminded that as Americans we're 1) Lucky and 2) from a favored country (Not really but you see what I mean).

Just an idea...not a guarantee of it working. But worth a shot if you're gonna lose your app fee anyway.

I

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 07:24:50 AM »
I did and it was refused.  We were so unprepared for the situation.  Entirely mislead by the instructions and how "easy" it seemed.  I had an attorney for his immigration to the US.  We had an interview in person as well, fully prepared with a bag full of photos from our wedding, before and after, post marked cards to prove correspondance.  Didn't need any of it.  they saw us come in with our attorney and a stroller with our new baby.  Our interview didn't even last 5 minutes.

They refused my visa application stating a lack of evidence about our marriage being genuine and that we could live without recourse to public funds.  I sent in a box of 'evidence" and letters of support from my mother in law and my father along with their income.  A letter was sent from my mother in laws employer stating id have employment upon a successful interview, sent copies of my qualifications for the job.. i sent a ton of sh*t.

Now to my dismay, i have learned that they'll more than likely reject my case again because I was unaware of no "third party support" being permitted.  Not a single word in my refusal letter mentioned that "third party support" was not permitted.  They did mention that I originally did not submit evidence of the financial support I'd receive from our families.  (this I did send with the appeal- my mother in laws statement, 3 months of her pay stubs, her pension, my dad's letter of support, his W2s from his government job)

Now my husband is back home, trying to get a job.  he left early because there was hope for employment at the university he used to work at.  Another set back, he didn't get an interview.  Now he'll take anything he can get as long as he can get me over there.

I just feel like choking someone!  I don't want their public funds!!  There's an employer willing to hire me there (my mother in law is an RN for a home run by Southern Cross... I have been a nurses aide for 9 years, working on my RN degree)

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2009, 07:27:08 AM »
Have your DF fax you whatever information he's got today. That way you can send in what you've got and when you get the hardcopies overnight them to your courier or to the embassy via FedEx or UPS. At least then you'll have gotten your stuff in...kinda. And as I'm constantly reminded that as Americans we're 1) Lucky and 2) from a favored country (Not really but you see what I mean).

This. From what I've heard, we're extremely lucky in many respects to be applying from the US as American citizens--our consulates and ECOs are pretty well trained, and disciplined, and go by the book, and sometimes we have smaller burdens of proof to meet compared to other people in other countries. I know that doesn't really help the hurt any :( But it's something to be thankful for when everything else seems to be in the dumps...

WebyJ has a good point about having your fiance fax you what he can, and then sending hardcopies after. It's better than not sending anything at all, especially if you have a courier that can continue to sort things out for you (instead of just mailing it FedEx, where there's nobody to work on your behalf with the consulate).

*hugs*
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2009, 07:30:36 AM »
trouble&strife...

Just something that may help you (probably not now but in the future)

If you're sending important information internationally where time is of the essence NEVER USE THE POST! Correction...if you're sending things internationally like information for your visa USE FEDEX OR UPS. There have been numerous instances on the board where vital information has been lost by the post in the US and the UK.

Even recorded delivery from the UK to the US stops being tracked once it reaches US shores through the Post. UPS & FEDEX can be traced from it's pickup to drop off no matter what country.

And

Just an idea...not a guarantee of it working. But worth a shot if you're gonna lose your app fee anyway.

I

Thank you so much. My back up is something kinda like this. It can't hurt right?! I have nothing to lose now.

DF looked for an outlet where FEDEX or UPS would be taken and couldn't find it. I guess i'll go to their website and look.

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2009, 07:33:30 AM »
FedEx will do pickup from where ever he is.
http://www.fedex.com/gb/services/index.html

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab