Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Day four waiting... what the heck LA consulate??  (Read 2335 times)

• Liked: 0
Day four waiting... what the heck LA consulate??
« on: April 09, 2009, 05:57:24 PM »
Every time my phone has rang in the last four days my stomach has instantly started to hurt! I've been on edge and totally stressed to the point where I can barely take it! My courier gave my documents for my fiance visa to the consulate on Monday (after telling us she was worried we might get denied and that we would be better having a letter from family saying they would support me too if need be + their latest bank statement. Of course we don't have anyone that could do that for us anyway, but I thought that 3rd party support wasn't allowed??). :( 

At any rate, no word on monday, nothing tuesday. Late tuesday night I get an email from her "The Consulate did not issue any visas today, due to a problem the biometric system has transmitting the data to UK.  Therefore no one today was issued any visa, the Consulate hopes this is resolved tomorrow and they will call us back when they are ready to give us their decision on your application." No word on Wednesday.

It's now Thursday. Has anyone seen this happen before? I feel like my time is ticking away to buy my ticket for the days my fiance has taken off for me to come and still no visa! sigh.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Day four waiting... what the heck LA consulate??
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 06:01:13 PM »
This is why couriers should not give advice...they get it wrong.  You are right, third party support is not allowed, and if the ECO thinks you need it you will be refused.
Though from your previous posts you should be okay.

4 days is not long, you need to relax. And be aware that they are shut tomorrow and Monday.

Vicky

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 06:12:54 PM »
I had some delay with the LA consulate in November when they were backlogged.  They actually sent me an e-mail saying that my application had been approved, but then when my courier went to pick it up it wasn't there and they had no information for her.  She wasn't even told that it had been approved.  Then they closed for Thanksgiving.  So I had to wait four days wondering if it had really been approved or if the e-mail had been sent in error.  Nerve wracking.  You have all my sympathy, but for your own sake please try to relax.  If Vicky says you should be OK, odds are you will be.  LA is not the speediest or most organised of consulates  [smiley=hug.gif]
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »
thanks Vicky&History. I'm just going to take a deep breath and go with it! Here I was all excited for my man to get a four day weekend (he's been working so hard!) and as soon as I tell him the consulate is closed both those days too I think he's not going to want that four day weekend anymore! :P

As a side note...... the biometrics place told me they were worried my biometrics might be refused (ugggghhhh.. i'm like the problem child or something!!!) because of my facial piercings. They asked me to take them out... but I would have needed to know this in advance before getting there. I explained my passport + the photo I took for my visa both showed me with my facial percings (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=43877493&l=dc71089e57&id=10021216), so I didn't think it would be an issue. I don't see why men would be allowed to have full facial beards and then piercings be a problem.  Crossing my fingers.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:21:34 PM »
LA is not the speediest or most organised of consulates  [smiley=hug.gif]

I think it's more hit & miss actually. Mine was approved in 2 hours in March last year...without using a courier.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 08:46:41 PM »
thanks Vicky&History. I'm just going to take a deep breath and go with it! Here I was all excited for my man to get a four day weekend (he's been working so hard!) and as soon as I tell him the consulate is closed both those days too I think he's not going to want that four day weekend anymore! :P

As a side note...... the biometrics place told me they were worried my biometrics might be refused (ugggghhhh.. i'm like the problem child or something!!!) because of my facial piercings. They asked me to take them out... but I would have needed to know this in advance before getting there. I explained my passport + the photo I took for my visa both showed me with my facial percings (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=43877493&l=dc71089e57&id=10021216), so I didn't think it would be an issue. I don't see why men would be allowed to have full facial beards and then piercings be a problem.  Crossing my fingers.

Is facial piercings really an issue?  I have a nose piercing that can't be removed...it just won't come out.  I would have never thought that to be an issue.  I don't have the piercing in my passport, but am thinking about getting both mine and my daughter's passport s renewed.

I hope you get an answer soon...I know waiting isn't easy.
11/06-Met DH, while traveling on business in UK
12/06-11/09-Several visits back and forth
11/22/09-Married
12/14/09-submitted visas on-line
12/18/09-Biometrics completed/Package sent to courier
12/21/09-Package arrived at courier
12/29/09-Apps submitted to LA Consulate
12/30/09-Visas in my hand!

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 10:11:30 PM »
just spoke to the courier... even more craziness! due to issues transmitting the biometric data for everyone that day (no idea if that means the day i did my biometric data or the day my visa documents were turned in) we may have to go have our biometrics re-done! ugh! not even sure what any of that really means! :(

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 11:44:30 PM »
which location/date did you get your biometrics done ?
Tier 1 General-Los Angeles consulate
Biometrics taken-26th March 09
UPS delivered app consulate-27th March 09
Email confirmation received from LA consulate- 6th April 09
Got visa approval email: April 17th 2009

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 11:49:14 PM »
in phoenix, az on april 2nd.

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 01:18:52 AM »
oh god the news just got even worse!! still no biometric data for me and she said if they do not have my bio metric data transferred by Monday that I will be required to REAPPLY ONLINE and PAY THE FEE AGAIN and have to write a letter asking for a refund so that I can go through with my biometrics appointment again!!!! I don't even know what to do. Oh gooodddd..... I don't even have another $800 dollars to pay for my fee again. She said I am not the only one this happened to, but I am so confused. She said I could fax?? the consulate a letter asking about my visa status. I feel so unlucky and i'm starting to feel like there is no end in site!

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 01:37:21 AM »
and as a side note does anyone know if there is an e-mail address instead of a fax # I can use to contact them???? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <---- how I feel right now.

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 02:02:59 AM »
seems like the only way to contact the consulate is through the worldbridges website.
Tier 1 General-Los Angeles consulate
Biometrics taken-26th March 09
UPS delivered app consulate-27th March 09
Email confirmation received from LA consulate- 6th April 09
Got visa approval email: April 17th 2009

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 02:15:03 AM »
Is facial piercings really an issue?  I have a nose piercing that can't be removed...it just won't come out.  I would have never thought that to be an issue. 

It's not.  I go to court with my nose stud in, and often with a clearly visible wrist tattoo, and no one cares.

Vicky

• My Blog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 02:18:28 AM »
I've read cases on here in the past where faxing them HAS worked...but I've never needed to, so I can't vouch for it. But there is no direct e-mail...in fact, as far as I understood, the e-mails are sent automatically and not by any one person.

Hang in there though and don't let all this red tape discourage you.

Oh, and couriers are probably not the best people to take advice or suggestions from when it comes to the chances of you getting approved or not. (Otherwise they would be called ECOs)
23 Jan 06 - Met Online
17 Jul 07 - ENGAGED!!! :-D
30 Jun 08 - Applied for Fiance Visa
22 Jul 08 - Received Visa
01 Aug 08 - Arrived in UK!
01 Nov 08 - MARRIED!!!
03 Nov 08 - In-person FLR(M) - GRANTED!!

19 Dec 09 - 1st son born :)

02 Oct 10 - KOL Passed
26 Oct 10 - ILR app (posted Special Delivery)
27 Oct 10 - online tracking confirmed delivery
30 Oct 10 - Confirmation via post
15 Nov 10 - ILR granted/documents returned!!!

05 Nov 13 - 1st daughter born :)

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 02:22:45 AM »
I found this email address: complaintslavisa@fco.gov.uk and sent them this email:

My name is xxxxxxxx, my application # is xxxxxxxxxxxx and my visa type is settlement. I applied online on March 19th, had my biometrics taken on April 2nd and sent my documents to the LA consulate on Monday April 6th via Global VIP courier service. My passport # is xxxxxxxxxx. I am trying to get some clarification on the status of my visa. I was told today by Global VIP that there was a problem with the biometrics data being processed and that mine (and others) had not come through. I was told that if they did not come through on Monday April 13th that I would be required to re submit biometrics data by reapplying and PAYING for the $747 fee again and then asking for a refund. I am very confused by this information and I am hoping I can get some clarification. I can be contacted via this e-mail address or by phone at xxxxxxxxxxx.
Thank you,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab