Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello.. stranded in the US with the mister in Coleraine NI  (Read 1261 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Hello.. stranded in the US with the mister in Coleraine NI
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 10:57:47 PM »
It did work out!  Ive got my visa and am able to enter after May 1st.  Just waiting to have things sorted with my daughter's UK passport

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 08:50:02 AM »
Heard back on my daughter's passport- we sent in the wrong birth certificate!! Now i'm waiting for his long birth certificate to come from Belfast so i can submit it back with her form!  I didn't even notice the difference with a "short" and "long" birth certificate there.  (I dont believe we do that here!)

We do have that here. I ran into the same problem getting one of my US-born daughter's US passport. No, two of them. I had no idea there were different types of birth certificates and why I only had the 'long' one for the youngest.  All three were born in CA. I had to spend something like $70 to get them sent from LA county and the I had toovernight them to the passport office. It was a pain.

Good luck with your situation! I have to start my visa applications soon myself.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 10:18:38 AM »
Atropos, hello!  I'm living in NI...Belfast, to be exact, but husband's family is in Ballintoy, not too far from Coleraine.  We always take the train into there.  I'm glad to see it's worked out with your visa in the end.  Hopefully you're daughter's passport comes through quickly with no other problems.  As I'm sure you've come to know from reading this site, I would suggest not flying into Dublin.  Your ticket to fly into Belfast might be a bit more expensive but you'll get the all important passport stamp.  Don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything once you're here. 

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2009, 05:49:19 PM »
Yeah, we'll be flying into Belfast!  Speaking of, I heard a Nando's opened there now!!  Have you been to it??

• Liked: 6
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2009, 08:31:21 PM »
http://www.nandos.co.uk/index.cfm#nandos=PM-cat_as_tcat_ABS+DCMD-FAM_searchfunctions_fcid_3_id_13_result_159

Here you go!  I haven't been to it yet, so you'll have to tell me how it is ;D
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »
I love Nando's!  When i was pregnant, that was one of the main things I wanted!  Chicken pita and peri peri chips! mmm!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab