Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Student Visa Problem, I really need advice!  (Read 410 times)

• Liked: 0
Student Visa Problem, I really need advice!
« on: April 14, 2009, 03:04:47 PM »

Hello, I recently visited the UK in January of 2009 and had some trouble with Immigration. I had met a British citizen a few weeks prior and came to visit, and because I was embarassed to say we had just met and also because I am shy about my sexual orientation I stated that we went to college together. Upon further questioning I told the immigration officer the truth, she verified this information, and I was granted a visa only for the duration of my trip. Will this effect my student visa application? I was looking at the Tier 4 application and one question refers to the use of deception to enter the country, does this apply? It was a silly mistake and I don't want to be penalized for something stupid.

Thank You,
Matthew

Re: Student Visa Problem, I really need advice!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 03:21:50 PM »
If the IO landed you it's never likely to be questioned. You should consider yourself extremely lucky that you were admitted however as you broke the first rule of international travel: You don't lie to the Immigration officer

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 03:30:10 PM »
So how should I answer this question? "Has the applicant ever used deception when seeking leave to enter or leave to remain?"

I know there is now a retroactive law that states anyone who has lied to an IO is banned from the country....is that applicable since she landed me?

Thanks so much

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 03:52:13 PM »
You were granted entry to the UK, so you really need to stop worrying about this. You didn't use deception to enter, you fessed up.

(Providing it was entry and not temporary admission, of course).

Vicky

*and please don't PM me with a question already posted on the board.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 03:54:05 PM by VictoriaS »

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 04:00:06 PM »
Would I know whether it was entry or temporary admission? The stamp on my passport says the date I had to leave by and that I had no recourse to public funds.

Sorry about sending you the pm, I haven't done any of this before.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »
Then it was entry and you need not worry.

Vicky

Sponsored Links